Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2005, 05:49 PM
mr1419

Default Just off Star....any ????

HI
My family and I just got off the Star Princess (4/17 - 4/24) , if you have any questions...I will try to answer them.
MR
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2005, 08:43 PM
booboo4031

Default Re: Just off Star....any ????

Did the ship have the movies under the stars??

Old April 27th, 2005, 02:17 PM
First Mate

Since I just got off the same cruise as mr1419 on the Star Princess, I'll jump in and answer. Sorry, the Star Princess does not have the Movie Under The Stars.

Regal Princess - 1996; Star Princess - 1995
Old April 27th, 2005, 06:28 PM
mr1419

Default Re: Re: Just off Star....any ????

MacTarhell,
Did you enjoy the cruise? Anything you didnt like? Happen to see a larger guy wearing a tarheels Tee shirt and a Boston Rod sox hat? lol Probably was me! Cant wait to sail again!
MR
Old April 27th, 2005, 06:50 PM
san

how about diversity? what about the personal dining? did u have a balcony cabin? if so was it worth it ? Food? Disco? How is Princess Cays? thanx
Old April 27th, 2005, 08:13 PM
mr1419

Default Re: Re: Just off Star....any ????

San
We had PC dining..will take traditional next time (for no other reason but that dinner was the meeting place everyone would set up plans for the evening or next day)......we were in Baja Deck room B504..was very nice and balcony is covered (u are looking down onto other people's balconies)....worth getting a balcony..IMHO... food was good to excellent depoending on the night......service was outstanding at PC.....Disco was great..(although we had a slight problem with a security guard..not all his fault however)....Princess Cayes is wonderful!!!....we didnt have enough time to spend there. Any specific questions..feel free to e mail me....When are u going on the Star??? mridge1419@yahoo.com

MR
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Passenger

Oh good we are boarding May 1 for the transatlantic , my questuion is was your Captain Ditel? and who was the Cruise director ?
Staff ok? thanks
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:33 PM
First Mate

Hi Seababe... Yes, Commodore Cesare Ditel will be the Master in Charge of the Star Princess on your voyage. His title is Commodore instead of Captain since he is the highest ranking Captain of the Princess fleet by seniority.

The Cruise Director currently on the Star Princess is Sammi Conneen-Baker. However, she is only a temporary fill-in CD for several weeks. If my memory serves me correctly, I think she will be with you on the transatlantic cruise but leaving when it gets to the Baltics.

MR, I had a fanastic cruise. I had a couple of minor complaints and one more serious problem with service which I won't detail here. But all in all... it was great and made lots of great friends. I was the guy with the Tar Heel 2005 National Champsion t-shirt on. Gotta luv dem Heels!!!!

I also prefer Traditional Dining and have been stuck with Anytime Dining for the past three years. We always get waitlisted and never make the cut. This year we met a nice group of folks at a table the second night, so we all made reservations at the same table for the same time each night. We therefore had the same waiter throughout and we made our own Traditional Dining table in the Anytime Dining room. No fuss... no waiting... just walk straight into the dining room to our table at the reserved time. Worked out great.

San... this was the first time in our six consecutive Grand Class ship cruises that we did not have a balcony. We love a balcony, particularly on Caribe deck. However, this year we got such a good deal on an outside obstructed view that we took it. At the last minute, we were assigned a handicap room which was HUGE!! Since the weather was not so good a couple of days, I didn't miss the balcony as much as I though I would. Priness Cays was beautiful as always and the weather that day was perfect. They had to do extensive repairs after a direct hit from a hurricane last year, but everything looks super now. I thought the food overall was very good as usual, however, I did find a few things that weren't quite as good as past years like the pizza. Didn't spend much time at the Disco... a little too late for me, but my wife and I enjoyed dancing every evening in the Wheelhouse Lounge and the Explorers Lounge to some outstanding bands.

Post Edited (04-30-05 05:49)
Regal Princess - 1996; Star Princess - 1995
Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm thinking about the Star for the western carribbean this fall.

1). I keep hearing about a broken stabelizer; how was the rocking?

2). What was the median age of the passangers?

3). I've heard they have 2 wine tastings on Princess & the 2nd one is better/ more interesting / more expensive about $25 pp. What can you tell me about them?

Thanks in advance.