Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 07:27 PM
san

Default lotus spa? massages?

Has anyone experienced the Lotus spa? how about the massage? Are they expensive. Is it worth it? Is this spa all inclusive or do you have to pay to enter. Tell me all about it. thanx
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Default Re: lotus spa? massages?

you can take a tour of the spa on embarkation day. You pay for each individual service.
1/2 hr regular massage is about $60.00. They have couples massage, hot stone massage, deep-tissue, relaxtion, sports, i make it a point to treat myself to a massage on board. Haven't tried any of the "spa" services like facials so i can't help you there.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 06:44 AM
SeaSea

Can you reserve spa treatments and massages online before the cruise?
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:39 AM
Admiral

i don't know if you can make spa reservations on line in advance, we always make ours in person when we get aboard.
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:15 PM
glasslin

I have had a facial and massage, as well as pedicure and manicure in the Lotus Spa on the Coral Princess in February 2003, when it was brand new. They were not cheap, as nothing is on a ship. They were very good, and I would rate them as good as those I get in a spa at home. One of my biggest gripes is that they do not allow you to book these appointments in advance. On our first hour on the Coral Princess we found the spa and had to wander around for about 10 minutes to locate an employee who would find the appointment book and book the appointments for me. In the past I have been in spas and had all appointments filled before the ship sails. Savy cruisers race to the spa upon embarking and book their appointments for the choice "at sea" days or for the afternoons before formal nights. So, it's great to splurge on, but you need to get there early to get the best times/days.
Old May 6th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Captain

Unless they've just started it, you can't book in advance, which is a real bummer.
I quit doing onboard massages when they topped $100 for a 50 minute massage.
and since they work their poor massage therapists to death (some do as many as 10 massages a day, whereas industry standard suggests no more than 5) the massages are never as good as i would like. I usually can find a massage place on the beach, which is a real treat. My favorite is Tabayana Beach on Roatan, beneath the palm trees to the sound of the ocean. and at 1/3 the price on board
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Sea Sea

Default Re: Re: lotus spa? massages?

Thanks for the info- I don't mind spending the $$ for a good massage, but I do mind throwing it away on a below-average one! Has anyone else had a massage onboard the Golden? It's a bummer that you can't pre-reserve appointments.
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:32 PM
denisern2

I have had numerous spa services on Princess. A few were great most were good. Price is the same as any hotel and spa, watch the Patter for daily specials. You will enjoy any service you choose.
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Passenger

i just returned from the Caribbean Princess, which had a spa special the final day of the cruise ...89.00 for a 1/2 hour massage plus one additional service. You could choose from a lime and ginger body scrub, a facial, or reflexology. I chose the scrub. As did my sister. My niece did the facial. We all enjoyed it as a way to avoid thinking of the end of the cruise and packing, and the treat left us feeling like the final day was fun and that we'd been pampered.

However, I was not impressed by the quality of the service, it seemed perfunctory. I've only had a few massages so I'm not very experienced, but I certainly enjoyed the ones I had in various health spas on land more, they were longer and deeper, and really left me feeling wonderful.Mostly on the ship the staff were interested in the high pressure sales pitch at the end.
Old May 11th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband and I have done massages (separately and couples) and various other services on the Grand, the Golden and the Dawn. They are always good - wouldn't say great - but I really dread the sales pitch for their products that you get at the end of each service. Obviously, the spa staff - who I believe are not Princess employees - make a good commission based on their sales, which is why they put so much time and effort into their pitch, but I for one would rather they get an increase in salary and not have to sell products to make money. It would make for a much more relaxing massage from the passengers perspective.