Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:03 AM
rt

Default DIAMOND PROBLEMS ON TUESDAY

WE HAVE HEARD THAT THE DIAMOND WHICH LEFT SAN PEDRO ON TIME SATURDAY AFTERNOON HAS HAD MORE PROBLEMS AND ARRIVED 6 HOURS LATE INTO PUERTO VALLARTA. DOES ANYONE KNOW/HEARD ANYTHING???
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: DIAMOND PROBLEMS ON TUESDAY

Rt, here is info on it from the Chit Chat board.

http://www.cruise-forums.com/forums/...54243&t=154243

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old April 28th, 2005, 11:15 PM
rt

Default Re: Re: DIAMOND PROBLEMS ON TUESDAY

I tried to access the site and couldn't find it.
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

rt - I was on the Diamond this past week. We were late to Puerto Vallarta but arrived in Mazatlan on time and the problem was fixed. Made Cabo on time and were back in LA this morning on time.

Old May 1st, 2005, 07:53 AM
BMK

Lisa,
Hope you had a great time. Do you have any tips or hints for us future Diamond cruisers? We are off to Alaska in august.
Thanks,
Brigitte
Old May 1st, 2005, 07:35 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

BMK - I think you will find the ship is very beautiful! Be sure to make your reservations for Sabatini's early if you choose to go there (this is the only extra charge restaurant on board) - I didn't eat there because I am not really a big seafood eater, but the smell was absolutely delicious (it is right next door to the internet cafe and I spent some time there and the smell drove me crazy - I love the smell of cooked garlic!)

The aft Terrace pool and Lotus pool are adult only. These are nice areas away from the noise of the two mid ship pools - one of which is covered and one is open to the air.

Free ice cream is offered mid afternoon (3:00) in the Horizon Court - usually just a couple of flavors to choose from and different toppings. The ice cream Princess serves in the dining rooms and Horizon court is made on the ship and delicious.

If you can, I would go to see Princess Idol - the ship's version of American Idol - some of the people are very good, others are so bad you have to give them credit for just going up there. It runs the whole length of the cruise - 4 winners of the heats and two wild cards make it to the finals on the last night of the cruise. This is held in Club Fusion which is a great place.

One very out of the way place that many people do not find is the Wake View Bar. They don't find it because the only way to get to it is to go down the stairs that are next to the dance floor in Club Fusion. I loved this area! Relatively small and usually quiet (except for the music you could hear from above) this is a great place to meet up with some friends.

I can't think of more right now, but I will be writing a review - I will let everyone know when it is posted.

Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:14 AM
BMK

Lisa-
Thank you for the great tips. My husband will definitely take advantage of the aft and Lotus pools and I'm sure my older daughter will love watching Princess idol not to mention the ice cream.
Thanks again,
Brigitte
Old May 4th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Beginner

There was a problem in generating enough power to make full speed but problem was corrected.
The Diamond Princess just blew us away...its an incredilbe ship
Old May 13th, 2005, 12:48 PM
TED & SANDY UTECHT

WE WERE ABOARD THE DIAMOND PRINCESS APRIL 23-30, 2005 TO MEXICO. WE HAD MINI SUITE D232 ON THE PORT SIDE. THE CABIN WAS WONDERFUL BUT WE WERE VERY DISAPPOINTED WHEN WE ARRIVED IN PUERTO VALLARTA HOURS LATE. WE TOTALLY MISSED OUR EXCURSION TO LAS CALETAS FOR THE DAY BUT MADE THE MOST OF SHOPPING. THIS SHIP SEEMED TO RIDE ALOT ROUGHER THAN THE STAR PRINCESS. IT WAS STILL A VERY FUN CRUISE AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO TRAVEL WITH PRINCESS SHIPS. WE ARE ALREADY PLANNING OUR NEXT OUTTING TO ALASKA IN 2007. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY SAILING, TED & SANDY