Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2005, 04:46 PM
TexasGal

Default 1st Cruise Coming UP

Hi everyone! I'm new to the board, and i'll be going on my first cruise in May. We arrive in London (I'm traveling with my college) on May 28th, spend 2 days there, then board at Southampton on June 1st for the European Capital's cruise on Golden Princess. (I have never been to Europe so i'm pretty excited about this...has been a lifelong dream!)

I have a few questions...

Has anyone ever stayed in A604 on Golden Princess, and if so was it good? Any noise? How big was the balcony?

Do the computers on the ship for internet access have the capability to send digital pictures from personal cameras to families?

If anyone has been to Europe in the May season on a cruise, should I pack more long sleeved shirts or shorts/tshirts? I'm confused on this, so far I have about 1/2 and 1/2 in my suitcase so far.

Thanks so much and i'm sure i'll have more questions later....oh, if any of you are going on this cruise, please let me know, maybe we can meet up!

Keri-Dallas, Texas
1st Cruise-June 1-Golden Princess-European Capitals
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:37 AM
First Mate

Default Re: 1st Cruise Coming UP

Keri,

I can't answer all your questions, but I can give you a pointer...the ship's internet time is rather expensive, and digital photos are rather large. You would probably be better off hitting an internet cafe while on shore, and sending the occasional photo from there. Should be lots cheaper, although the dollar isn't worth much in Euros these days so maybe not.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. You might want to take fewer t-shirts because you can always buy those in port and on the ship as mementos...

Dana

Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:14 PM
TexasGal

Default Re: Re: 1st Cruise Coming UP

Hi Dana...thanks for the idea about the tshirts! I just ordered some cute sweats from Lerner that I plan on taking with me if I get them in time. Plus a jogging outfit that i'm going to wear on the plane for the flight to London. Thanks again!
Keri
1st cruise-Golden Princess-European Capitals-26 days to go!!
Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:48 PM
dands

HI,

Stateroom A604 should not have to much noise at night, it is your first cruise you will be exhausted when you get back to your room every night.

Weather wise, dress layered, light on the bottom, a little warmer next and then carry a light jacket, with an umbrella or a pancho for mist or rain.

It will be cooler the farther north you go, so leave the ship accordingly. The ship will give you a weather report every day, so check it out .

We will be following you on July 1 cruise, of the British Isles, and then a back to back cruise to the Westen Europe cities. You can book your shore excursions through Princess on line by logging on to Princess.com and go to cruise personalizer, use your booking number, and book your excursions. We have all of ours booked for both of our trips this summer.

Enjoy your cruise, and I hope you may have many more. This will be our 26th cruise, 17 and 18 with Princess (THey tell me).
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
First Mate

Hi Keri, come join our roll call at cruisecritic.com. There are about 50 people signed up so far for this cruise. We will be staying in London for 4 nights and then off to the experience of a lifetime!

Weather wise, I guess we will be traveling during Western Europe's rainy season. And average daytime weather will be 55-60 degrees. I was hoping it would be warmer, perhaps we'll get some nicer weather along the way:-) So you will definitely need cold weather clothes. And London will be cool too. You can check weather averages at www.weather.com.

Yes, you can send digital photos via email from the ship:-)

Post Edited (05-03-05 10:13)