Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2005, 01:43 PM
CruzCrazy

Default Is Princess a good substitute for RCL for the Caribbean?

I'm wondering if Princess would be a good alternative to RCL for cruising the Caribbean.

Would love to hear the opinion of those who have cruised both lines.

I've only sailed RCL and Celebrity. I love Celebrity for it's longer cruises and will not stop cruising that line.

I always do a December Caribbean cruise. The price is right and I live in Miami/Ft Lauderdale so I love to cruise the Caribbean that time of year.

I've always gone on RCL...... Explorer, Brilliance, Majesty and will be on the Jewel this year in December on a back to back.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Is Princess a good substitute for RCL for the Caribbean?

I think if you like RCL, you'll like Princess. Actually the lovely Mrs. and I like it better than RCL, but they are on a par with each other. You may like the Personal Choice Dining on Princess better, and if you sail the Caribbean Princess, you'll probably really enjoy the Movies under the Stars. Lots of entertainment, and lots of fun.
Enjoy,
Ken
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:41 AM
First Mate

We have sailed both lines. Just had our first 10 day on the Sun Princess, it was great. We enjoy the smaller ships feel the mega ships are too big. I think if you like RCCL you will also like Princess. I like to sail different lines they all have something different to offer.

Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:48 PM
JSH

I think you will find Princess to be a superior
alternative to RCCL. Food is better and so are
the cabins.
Old May 6th, 2005, 12:37 PM
pcboston

I have done 2 RCCL , Explorer of the Seas and Adventure of the Seas and 2 Princess, the Grand and just a week ago, the Golden and these are my two favorite cruiselines. We book for the itinerary, but the Princess ships have great service and tons of entertainment choices also, so you can keep as busy as you want to be. The staff on the Golden were the best I have experienced in 8 cruises and they are so well organized, everything went off without a hitch. As you can see, I prefer big ships, but the Golden, in spite of her size, felt cozy and was very easy to navigate. Give Princess a try. I think you will love it.
Old May 6th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Admiral

Princess hands down. The food is much, much better as is the service. Plus they have fresh water pools that are open 24/7 ... and real refrigerators (not the little mini bars where the ice melts in an hour). And, traditional dining and personal choice. And, trivia. Been on 2 RCI and coming up on my 8th Princess this November. (Just got back from Celebrity's Summit which was quite nice but both the drinks and tips were higher.)

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old May 6th, 2005, 07:48 PM
MagnoliaBlossom

Been on both and think they are basically equal, although I do like the personal choice dining.