Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Passenger

Default Baja or Caribe Balcony Cabins

We're booked on the Star Princess for the 10/23 sailing and have reserved a cabin on Baja deck. After reading the posts on this site I'm now wondering whether to change this to a cabin on Caribe deck as it seems as though these balconies are bigger, not totally shaded and more private.

Has anybody got any comments or experiences they could share.

Many thanks
Debs

Voyager of the Seas - October 2003
Advenure of the Seas - October 2004
Star Princess - October 2005
Voyager of the Seas - August 2006
Freedom of the Seas - October 2006
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Baja or Caribe Balcony Cabins

Yes.. on that class of ships, the balcony cabins on Caribe deck are probably the most desirous on the ship. Nice size.. half covered /have open to above.

Old May 5th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Kathy & Dave

The balconies on Baja are ok, but Caribe balconies are awesome! Always our first choice! Privacy has never been an issue. We are always surprised how few people seem to be out on their balconies, expept when pulling into/out of port.
Have a good trip!

Old May 12th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello,
We just sailed the Star and had room C103 (cabibe deck)
These decks are the BEST! approx 10 x 10...they are not private though.
The balconies above you can look down on these decks, so if that bothers you, choose the above decks., which are half the size.
The Caribe decks are half opened for great sunshine during the day, and a wonderful starry view at night (which the above decks don't have)
My husband and I would gladly stay on the Caribe again, but if youi want total privacy, this isn't the deck for you.
hope this helps! Bon Voyage! Elaine
Old May 13th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Lynne &Trevor

We are on the 10/23 Star cruise as well, Debbie! We will be in B-437 (Baja) with a balcony. The both of us aren't out on the balcony much at the same time. I will be the one who enjoys it more, as it gets too hot out there for hubby. It will still be nice for me to sit out there and listen to my music and do my crossword puzzles. I'm not sure about the wind factor. On the Golden we had a balcony-room for a table and 2 chairs, and tried to play Scrabble out there--but, it was too windy. I know we will enjoy the breeze at night and looking out at the water-not feeling confined. We will have to see a Caribe balcony up close to ascertain the difference.This will be our first balcony since 2001 so it will be nice to see the outdoors and actual daylight in the mornings!

By the way, are you on our roll call thread over on Cruise Critic? Lynne (if not, come and join us!)

Old May 13th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have been on both decks on the Star and will always book the Caribe deck as first choice. The balcony is twice the size as the Baja deck. The covered part on the Caribe deck is the same size as the Baja covered deck and then there is an open area on the Caribe deck balcony that is the same size as the covered part.