Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2005, 02:43 PM
First Mate

Default Will singles (late 20s through 30s) be disappointed?

We have a group cruise planned (about 30 people) for Nov. 5 on Sapphire Princess and we have 7 or 8 people who are in their late 20s through 37 years old. We did a group cruise on Adventure of the Seas last summer and they had a ball with lots to do. I'm hoping that this time of year there will be things to do for them on Sapphire, with some people their own ages. Most of us are over 50 so that won't be a problem. But what about these "young" people ... will they be bored? I would like for them to have something to do besides gamble.
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Will singles (late 20s through 30s) be disappointed?

Dalwhitt - I assume you are talking the Mexican Riveria itinerary. First day out of LA and last day back might be a little cool - wouldn't count on much pool time those days.

Just got off the Diamond Princess one week ago today and there was so much to do....martini and wine tastings, bingo, trivia, Princess Idol, many "game" shows, multimedia trivia the first and last nights, pool games on a couple of sea days, cooking demos, galley tours, Scholarship at Sea programs, computer classes, photography classes....this is in addition to all the activities listed in the Princess Patters. There is also horse racing, a scavenger hunt that takes all week to complete.

Old May 8th, 2005, 12:56 AM
First Mate

Thanks Lisa, appreciate the input.
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:44 AM
First Mate

Hi Dalwhitt! The group on our Diamond Princess Mexican Riviera was the youngest of the 3 itineraries we've tried with Princess. That being said, there weren't a whole lot of "younger" people on the ship. As you can imagine, most people were paired up as couples and I only remember seeing about 8 groups of singles. Who knows, your sailing may be different, but there aren't as many singles as a RCCL ship. I don't think they'll be bored though! And I do remember a singles get together :-)
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I have to add that on my cruise it was the most diverse group I have ever seen on a cruise ship - many families, many singles, all ages represented. It does depend on the time of the year you are cruising.