Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Admiral

Default Sapphire Princess Repositioning Cruise

We are on the Sapphire Princess repositioning cruise - September 26th out of Vancouver - anyone going with us or will we have this beautiful ship all to ourselves? It's 5 nights, stopping in Victoria, San Francisco and Santa Barbara, then on to Vegas for 3 nights - yeah!!! Anyone know what we can do in Santa Barbara for a few hours, and where the ship docks? Thanks TTFN Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2005, 08:00 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Rob M.
Default Re: Sapphire Princess Repositioning Cruise

Hmm I didn't know cruise ships now called on Las Vegas? = )

Wouldn't that be fun!

Crown Princess - Southern Caribbean 10/27/2007

Freedom of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean 2/24/2008

Radiance of the Seas - Hawaii Circle Cruise - Fall 2008

Past Cruises:
Grand Princess - W. Caribbean - Jan 2006
Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - Jan 2005
Radiance of The Seas - September 2006 - 14 nights R/T Los Angeles to Hawaii
Old May 10th, 2005, 02:58 AM
rt

In Santa Barbara they should offer some wine country tours...They will have to tender ashore in SB, its a very small harbor...
Old May 11th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Rob - I think they should dig a very long canal for the Vegas run - unfortunately we will have to bus it lol. Thanks rt. Do you know if the mission at Santa Barbara is worth going to? TTFN Jennifer
Old May 15th, 2005, 01:47 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

My husband & I are on that cruise with you! So nooo....you don't get the whole ship to yourself.... ;-)

There is a roll call for it on cruisecritic.com. Here is a link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=100204

If for some reason the link doesn't work, you can go to cruisecritic.com then go to roll calls.....Sapphire Coastal 9/26/05

As far as what to do in Santa Barbara...I found these excursions listed on Princess' website:

Santa Barbara By Trolley
Travel by trolley through the charming streets of Santa Barbara for this wonderful orientation tour.

Wine Country Tour
With its ideal climate that promotes grape-growing, Santa Barbara County is now one of the world’s premier wine regions. This tour will visit two popular wineries located within the Santa Ynez Valley or along the Foxen Canyon Trail.

Solvang And Wine Country
This full-day tour takes in the best of the area with visits to two wonderful wineries, the Danish-inspired enclave of Solvang and a glimpse of the city of Santa Barbara.

Deluxe Wine Country
For the wine enthusiasts, this deluxe wine country tour provides an opportunity to sample some of the excellent wines produced in the region.

Our youngest daughter is a student at UC Santa Barbara so we have been to Santa Barbara many times. While we are on this cruise we are going to take that day in Santa Barbara to visit with her...we won't take an excursion. Although, that is going to be really strange.....visiting our daughter while in port while on a cruise!

If you've never been to that area before, I don't think you can go wrong with any of those tours. Solvang is a cute little Danish inspired town. But, wine tours are always nice too.

Come check us out on the other website. I'll be looking for you. My name on that other site is MszKitty.
Old May 15th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Hi Laurie - nice to meet you. I will check out the other board later on today. Are you from B.C. as well? We chose to go for a balcony guarantee cabin this time - we usually just pick the one we want - but the selection for our particular TA wasn't too good. It was high up and forward. We could still end up in the same spot but it is a little more interesting not knowing. Hey - we could end up with a suite!!! As long as it's got a bed and a toilet we should be fine - and a balcony door that opens (claustrophobic here lol). Talk to you soon Jennifer
Old May 15th, 2005, 02:09 PM
First Mate

Jennifer...

I'm from southern California. So we will be flying up to Vancouver and ending up at home.

I hope you don't mind, but I sent you an email. My email address is MszKitty. You may want to check your spam folder as sometimes with a name like MszKitty, it sometimes gets mistaken as spam.

We have also booked a balcony guarentee. This will be my first time cruising with Princess so I decided I don't have anything to compare it with, so wherever they put us I'm sure I'll be happy with.

Oh...by the way...when you are looking up that roll call, its "Sapphire Coaster Sept 26"....not "9/26/05" as I originally said.

Hmmmmm...I just noticed my countdown clock and sig line isn't showing up on my posts. I wonder why???
Old May 15th, 2005, 02:18 PM
First Mate

Ahhh...I think I figured it out. If I'm right, it should be at the end of this post. :-)

But....they don't give us enough space for more in our signature.

I have 4 cruises on my countdown:

Juy 29, 2005...RCCL Monarch of the Seas (family "mini" vacation)
Sept 26, 2005...Princess Sapphire Princess (my first Princess cruise)
Oct 28, 2005....RCCL Monarch (Murder Mystery cruise)
June 18, 2006...RCCL Freedom of the Seas (3rd sailing)

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old May 15th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Laurie - I'm glad you can figure it all out - I'll just check yours from time to time to know how far away it is lol. Found your e-mail in the spam killer file - and have added you to the address book. I replied as well - it will be great getting to know you. Where are you staying in Vancouver - or are you flying in the day of? We are actually driving from home - about 40 minutes out - to the airport and parking there. Then we will take the shuttle to the cruise port. That way the car will be there when we get off the plane from Vegas. TTFN Jennifer