Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2005, 11:39 AM
cap

Default Rooms on Star

We have booked a balcony room on the Star and we booked Caibe C601 and our friends booked C603.

Does anyone have any information on these rooms?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Rooms on Star

Hi Cap,

here is a link to the ship photos I uploaded here of the Star and a balcony cabin. Your balcony will be much bigger than ours. Caride is a great deck -- balconies are half covered and half open.

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=964

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old May 12th, 2005, 01:36 AM
M&MCruzers

Hi Cap and Harry, I agree!!! the balcony staterooms on the Caribe Deck are great -- or at least the large balcony is. I totally enjoy being able to have both the covered and uncovered areas. I am really looking forward to our December 11 sailing on the Star; we're on the Caribe Deck also.

Actually, we are doing a b2b - we're on the Caribbean Princess the week before, December 3-10; spending Saturday evening in FLL at a hotel of Princess' choosing and then boarding the Star on Sunday, 12/11/05. The only bad part of this b2b is having to pack up at the end of week 1.

Cap, You didn't say when you're sailing and which itinerary, but whenever and wherever - You will enjoy your stateroom, for sure. Bon Voyage!!

Marilyn
(M&MCruzers)
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:46 AM
cap

We are crusining in February. Seems so far away We are going to the Western Caribbean. This is our first cruise. We have traveled many times to many Islands so we are looking forward to something different.

Thanks for you help. Also if there are any other "tips" for a first time cruiser that would be great!
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Cap, here are some great articles here on Cruise mates written by Anne and Kuki ... will help a lot for your first time.

And the Star is wonderful -- made me fall in love with princess.

Harry

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/firsttime/

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old May 12th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Great choice! My husband and I just sailed the Star and had room C103 on Caribe deck.
Although the decks above can see half of your deck, this didn't bother us. The deck size was approx 10 x 10, and all decks above are half that size...We just loved it and would choose this again.
Bon Voyage, Elaine
Old May 13th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Karenbfl

We sailed on the Star going to the Western in November. We were on the Alohoa deck and had a balcony room. It was absolutley the best! We loved the Star and Princess so much that we decided to book another cruise for our 1st anniversary on the Caribbean P going to the Eastern.

Definitely buy a soda card if you like to drink them alot. We did that as well as bringing on our own sodas in a 12 pack. The soda cards are around $25 and it is worth it.

Don't bring to many shoes. I made that mistake on my 1st cruise ever which was only a 3 day and brought a bag (ok a suitcase) of shoes (what can I say I am a girl!). Flip flops, water shoes, dress shoes (I brought 2 pair -- thats doing good for me hehe), and tennis shoes.

Do take advantage of the balcony every chance you get. We ate dessert out on our balcony every night and it was just beautiful! We loved watching the ports come up as well. VERY FUN!

Here is one thing I am bringing on my next cruise, earache medicine. My DH always gets an ear infection when he swims in the ocean -- one of those drawbacks of his hard helmet diving days. They have it on the ship but boy oh boy it is expensive. If you are a total first time cruiser you also might want to bring some sea sickness medicine, just in case.

And the most important thing, have a blast. It is so easy to do.

Karen
Carnival Fantasy April 2004
Star Princess November 2004
Caribbean Princess October 2005
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Beginner

We will also be on the star in Nov. (13-20)
I have booked the very aft balcony on Emerald deck (E30). I love to watch the wake and hear the ocean sounds.

Has anyone been in this cabin before or the same area on Dolphin deck??
Thanks for info
Lori
Old May 16th, 2005, 12:28 PM
cap

Thank you all for the information :-)