Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2005, 05:07 AM
bjkeen

Default Cruising

A small section of my cruise review on the Miracle.

Returning to Tampa Bay
I am not looking forward to disembarkation; this means the cruise is over. The cruise has been great fun. While most people are sleeping, I am standing on my balcony looking at the sights as we enter the Port of Tampa. The ship is moving quietly through the black water. I have stood here looking across at the land, the lights on the land and the fact that the buildings appear to be moving by (an obstacle illusion) this is the only way that I can tell that the ship is actually moving. I can not express to you how much I have enjoyed the trip through Tampa Bay while standing on my balcony in the wee hours. It is dark outside and the water is dark. This huge ship glides through the water with ease. I am looking down from way up on my balcony. The waves are gently touching the side of the ship as we make our way through Tampa Bay. The air is cold and blowing on my feet. I forgot about the cold front that was coming because it was warm when I boarded the ship. I am freezing. I have to go put socks and shoes on. I hate to move because I am afraid I may miss something.

Harbor Pilots
While aboard one of the other ships I woke with a start when I heard the Harbor Pilot boarding the ship. I thought we were being boarded by Pirates. Today, I chuckle to myself every time that I think about it. I did not hear the Harbor Pilot board the Miracle. The gentle rocking of the Miracle ship lulled me in a deep slumber. Do you know what a Harbor Pilot does? He maneuvers the ship safely past shallow water. While going out to sea, a Harbor Pilot guides the ship past the shallow water into deeper water, then the Harbor Pilot disembarks while the ship is moving returning the helm to the Captain.

Sunday Morning - Returning To Tampa Bay
Reaching the Port
I have lived in the Tampa Bay area all of my life, and before entering the harbor on a ship I could not have imagined this view in my wildest dreams. I see the port ahead. I feel sad though because this means my cruise is quickly coming to an end. I can honestly say that the Miracle is one of the most beautiful ships I have ever seen. In my opinion, the food was excellent. The entertainment was the best that I have seen. I would gladly sail aboard the Carnival Miracle ship again. Since Tampa is looming ahead I think I will go to the Lido Deck so that I can get a better view. Soon I will have breakfast for the last time aboard the ship. The “cruise blues” are already settling in. I am sad when I think about debarkation only being hours away.

Lido Deck
What a view, I am so glad I moved to this deck. There are tug boats to my left and they are waiting to see if the Harbor Pilot needs assistance in parking the ship. The ship is not moving fast compared to a car. It feels like the ship is gliding along. The view from here is even more spectacular.

Did you enjoy this section? There is more to come.
Sponsored Links