Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:53 PM
hope

Default carribbean princess, dolphin deck?

I understand that it is completly open and people can see into the balcony, but can they see into the room? Are the only mini suites on the dolphin or the emerald deck?
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2005, 07:04 AM
bjkeen

Default Re: carribbean princess, dolphin deck?

Yes, if your cabin curtains are open. See my review of the Miracle below.

Returning to Tampa Bay
Much to my surprise, even though it is still dark outside there are a few people on the Lido Deck watching as the Harbor Pilot maneuvers the ship into the port. A fellow said to me, “This is when I like Tampa the best.” He parked the ship at the cruise port like I would drive into a parking spot at the mall. I must say I am impressed. I can tell by the aroma drifting though the air that the crew is already busy at work preparing breakfast for passengers. I can smell bacon cooking. Once breakfast is served, my family will have breakfast and then make sure we have all of our luggage prepared for disembarkation. Crew members have been busy preparing for breakfast while most passengers were fast asleep in their cabins.

Close The Curtains While Getting Dressed
I have leaned over to put on my shoes and glanced towards the balcony. Guess what? There is a man on my balcony. He is only doing his job cleaning the balcony. I am glad that I dressed in the bathroom. This is a lesson to me to close my curtains. I thought to myself, “Where did he come from?” I walked to the balcony door and looked out. He has all the side panels open as far as I can see cleaning the balconies. He is already preparing for the next group of passengers that will embark on a cruise today after we disembark. The thought occurred to me, “Thank goodness I was dressed while standing out on my balcony before the sun came up.” I have no idea how the man got on the balcony. This just goes to show that you never know when the crew might be watching. I am real particular about what I do while on my balcony.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 06:25 PM
PMM

Hope,
You can not see into your room. I was on the Dolphin Deck and loved it! If someone is "hanging" off the balcony above you, then, yes, I presume they would see in your room. The Dolphin Deck mini-suites have a larger cabin. We had a queen size sleeper couch, chairs, TV, table in this "extra" room, that the mini-suites above us did not have. I vote for the Dolphin Deck!
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The answer is no, no one can see into your cabin, unless they happened to be in ship parked right next to you, and even that would be difficult.

Even neighbors would have a tough time leaning over the balcony to pier in.

If someone happens to be standing on your balcony, they might be able to see in <G>

Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
Juan

Hi, there are only mini suites on dolphin deck, but they are great!!, and no one can see into the room only the balcony but no one does or no one cares.
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Passenger

I will be on the Dolphin Deck for my Golden Princess British Isles cruise next month, and was wondering what it was like. How far is it from the gym facilities? I haven't seen a layout of the ship yet, though I'm sure they're available at Princess.com (haven't searched yet).

Kukimoose, that photo on your profile is absolutely breathtaking. Was that taken with a digital camera?
Old May 27th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Admiral

mini-suites on the Dolphin deck are the best! love the extra floor, storage, living and bathroom space. Its nice to have a tub in your bathroom with a retractable closeline.
The balconies are tiered, like a football stadium. On the dolphin deck you have to stand at the rail, turn around and look up to see your neighbors above you.
Old May 29th, 2005, 07:48 AM
bjkeen

There are curtains that you can close.
Old June 7th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: carribbean princess, dolphin deck?

Okay, I just found that I'll be in the AB part of the ship ... is this good? lol I fly to London in 4 days, woohoo!!!