Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:17 PM
Kukana

Default Wearing Nice Denim Capris to Dinner

I sailed on the Princess Diamond last year. I saw nice variations of bluejeans (with nice shirts, etc.) being worn at dinner. I did not see anyone turned away; neither did I see anyone come into the diningroom with worn looking blujeans.

I am planning on wearing a new pair of demin-looking Capris to dinner with a gorgeous top and shoes! I don't think this should pose a problem. Don't feel it falls under the heading of bluejeans.

If anyone disagrees with me, please advise. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2005, 06:48 PM
Mbouck

Default Re: Wearing Nice Denim Capris to Dinner

I don't think you should have much of a problem as long as it is not on formal nights. You still may get a couple of stares, but people like that always need something to complain about.

Mike
Old May 23rd, 2005, 07:37 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Wearing Nice Denim Capris to Dinner

I personally think capris are a little classier than jeans even if they are denim. If people feel that they don't want to "dress up" smart casual then they can opt for the buffet. The only time we saw someone turned away in the dining room was when they were in shorts for dinner. No shorts for dinner. What part of no didn't they understand? Smart casual is nice because its not the dressy, dressy style. Formal nights are still "formal" if people choose not to dress up again the buffet or room service. People have choices. Enjoy your cruise and you will look lovely.