Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2005, 09:02 PM
Passenger

Default Sun Princess Experiences in So. Caribbean?

I've read the reviews on the site....and I've been on the Caribbean Princess (May '04) and the Diamond Princess (Jan '05) and booked the So. Carribean-bound Sun Princess for Feb '06. Can I hear from previous Sun travelers on their likes/dislikes and tips? Thanks so much in advance!!
Thom
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:44 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Sun Princess Experiences in So. Caribbean?

We were on the Sun 4/8/05 for a 10 day cruise. We really liked the ship, small in size but we couldn't believe it was 10 years old. It is kept up nicely. The crew are friendly and always say Hello and greet you. We chose traditional seating but then switched to personal choice. We liked personal choice much better, we requested the same table at the same time every night and it worked out well. My husband likes to eat in the dining areas instead of the buffet. We found the buffet to be very confusing . We chose to take the tips off our account and tip in the "envelopes" at the end of the cruise, (our choice) it works for us. There were a few other couples who did the same. We found that some crew in the dining areas were not as attentive as others so we tip by service not because we have to. My husband is a very generous tipper!! It seemed to us that the crew feels that they will get the tip regardless ot the service, so we felt that the ones who did the service got the tips that they deserved. The captain was a little standoffish but we realized that after this cruise he was heading for his vacation, so that may have been the reason. If you happen to be lucky enough to have Glenn in the Atrium as entertainer you will enjoy him very much, We did!! The singers and dancers could be better, but they weren't terrible. The entertainment they did have was good. It all depends on what you like. The Wheelhouse bar had a great group with the girl singer. We enjoyed them also. This was our first 10 day cruise and we are hooked, in fact, we booked a 10 day Panama Canal on the Coral for 4/06. If you have any other questions feel free to email me. I hoped I helped. I wish you a wonderful cruise.

Old May 25th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Admiral

she isn't as large as the CP, but she is a big ship with a small intimate ship feeling.Very easy to get around. Not as many "things" going on as there would be on the Grand Class ships, but still a very lively active ship. I actually prefer this class of ship over the Grand Class.
Old May 25th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Bushwhacker

The Italian Trattoria on the Sun Princess is excellent - and free! Not as extensive a menu as Sabatini's, but what they do have is delicious.
Enjoy your cruise!
Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:57 PM
RJN

Default Re: Re: Sun Princess Experiences in So. Caribbean?

Im booked on the Feb 26th sailing of the Sun Princess. I did here on the 10 day Medley in Feb of 04. Great buffet and relaxing atmosphere. This will be my 7th cruise.
Old June 11th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Maddy

Hi! I will be traveling solo to panama on a 16 day cruise on Sept 14th..
I am really concerned about meeting people as I am a 73 year old young
great-grandma. I have always wanted to go panama and really looking forward to the trip but so worried I will be bored to tears on sea days. I would appreciate
any suggestions anyone can give me
Old June 13th, 2005, 10:30 AM
First Mate

The best way I've found to avoid being bored is...DO Something!

You'll get a newsletter every evening with details about the next day's activities. Go to them, participate. Be active. Don't spend any time in your cabin except to change and sleep. When you feel the need to sit and read, sit in the library or game room where there is the prospect of meeting like-minded people.

I always believe it's possible to never be bored no matter what the circumstances if you adopt the mindset that life isn't boring...only some people are boring.

Dana