Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2005, 07:48 AM
rita wiley

Default Dawn Princess July 4th

My sister and I are heding out to Alaska for a wedding and jumbing on the Dawn after. What will happen on board? Will we see fireworks? Is anyone else coming along on that date? How about some tips or reviews? Anyone....
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2005, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Dawn Princess July 4th

Just got off the Dawn Princess this past Monday after a Cruise/Tour.

Overall, it was a fantastic cruise.

There were a few things (and I am a veteran Princess cruiser):

1) Service in the Personal Choice dining room was very good to excellent except one evening. Ended up with a waiter named Anthony and his assistant (can't remember his name). They were nothing short of horrible, came to the table 5 times (they would not take the wine glasses away) and asked if we wanted wine. Assistant came several times trying to sell us shots or cookbooks, and he wouldn't leave. I finally got a bit nasty with him. They treated us as second class. I took care of it the next evening when we went into dine, told the head waiters that I DID NOT want Anthony, he was the WORST that I had encountered in my 34 Princess cruises. A few notes were written down and we had the same excellent service we'd had the other nights.

2) The Onboard check-in in Vancouver was a nice option, but Princess needed someone in the hallways outside the Vista Lounge to monitor the line(s) leading in. After we got our boarding passes we were taken to the Cruise Ship facility in the Vancouver airport, much nicer than having to go into the main termainal and wait. The airport personnel were only letting 2 busses into the Cruise Ship facility (to go thru customs, etc) at a time, so lines were not bad at all.

3) Hot tubs were closed most of the time, and when open not warm.