Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default ? Soda Cards

We are taking the Island Princess on 6/25 from Anchorage, Alaska. I remember hearing about some cruise lines having soda cards you can purchase. Does any know about this on the Island Princess?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:33 PM
D=Town

Default Re: ? Soda Cards

Yes, they do!
They're quite a value on 7 day or more cruises.
During the course of a week , you can drink 4-6 sodas per day.
Do the math.
The coke card is a good value.

D=Town
Old June 6th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to SoCalifKim

Hi Deb

I was just on the sapphire princess. I purchased the soda card. It was $25.00 for the 7 days cruise. Soda's on the cruise were $1.50 + 15% gradutity.

Hope this helps

Kim

Old June 8th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Captain

Surprisingly, the soda cards are also only $25.00 on the 10-day cruises. This makes it a really good value for those who like soda.
Old June 8th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Jero

Some old cruisers may know this, bu the new ones don't know what iam going to tell. You can buy the soda card withou the Coke Mug they give you, and it cost 22.50. Princess stoped advertising it, and they now sell it like if the mug was free with the purchase of the soda card (25.00) but if you tell them you whant it without the mug they will give it to you at the old price of 22.50. I dont use the mug because I consider that it is tedious to carry it around all the time so I didn't bought it in any of the two cruises I have sailed. In the first cruise they advertised the two offers in my last cruise they only advertised the 25.00 dollar offer.
Old June 8th, 2005, 06:59 PM
CKNIC

Do the soda cards include anything other than sodas?.......tonic water? juices?
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Admiral

all fountain sodas are included, no juice you can get that for free at Horizon Court buffet. If tonic is considered soda then it would be included, not sure.
Old June 9th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Captain

I tried getting them to sell me the soda card without the mug on my last two cruises (Regal Princess in May 2005 and Sapphire Princess in October 2004) and they told me I had to buy the mug. I accepted that answer and bought the stupid mug. Maybe I shouldn't have taken "no" for an answer so easily. Still the price was only $25.00 for 10 days so it was still a good deal for me.

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY JERO:

"Some old cruisers may know this, bu the new ones don't know what iam going to tell. You can buy the soda card withou the Coke Mug they give you, and it cost 22.50. Princess stoped advertising it, and they now sell it like if the mug was free with the purchase of the soda card (25.00) but if you tell them you whant it without the mug they will give it to you at the old price of 22.50. I dont use the mug because I consider that it is tedious to carry it around all the time so I didn't bought it in any of the two cruises I have sailed. In the first cruise they advertised the two offers in my last cruise they only advertised the 25.00 dollar offer."
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
Hadley

We were told the price included the insulated cup, and there was no savings without it on the Dawn Princess in April. We were on for a 15 day repositioning, and it was $35 per sticker.
Old June 24th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to LuLu

Do you really have to bring the mug around with you for refills or is it just a free mug that you can take home with you? I heard that if you buy the soda card you can sometimes get more than one soda at a time, so some people use the one soda card for two people? Is this ever the case? Thanks!
Old June 24th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Admiral

all i know is that we sailed on the Golden Feb 04 and you could choose not to purchase the mugs back then. Don't buy your soda sticker from the people at the tables all around the ship, buy it from a bartender, maybe that's the difference.
The mug is basically a souvenior. The soda sticker goes on your sign and sail card and you present your card to get your soda.
Have never had a problem getting 2 or 3 sodas at a time from a server, its like buying a round of drinks. I would think that trying to get more than 2 or 3 at a time(especially kids) wouldn't work.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 12:35 PM
Passenger

Default more than one Coke on soda card

We waited over 30 min for my husband's Coke in the dining room. (HAL) When wine steward came, ordered 2 Cokes (one diet; one regular). He informed my husband that the Soda Card was for ONE PERSON ONLY.

We had never been questioned before when ordering more than one coke. Always buy card from bartender. Sometimes is faster to bring Coke with you to dining room.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 04:13 PM
Passenger

Default 39.95

Dawn Princess soda card 10 day 39.95 plus gratuity.