Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2005, 03:54 PM
dc10

Default Sapphire Princess dress code

I just got off the Sapphire cruise and I found that a lot of the passengers dressed up and stayed dressed up. Being a young adult I usually get out of my dress clothes after dinner but most stayed dressed up. I have been to Alaska before on Princess and most of the time everyone changed after dinner or did not dress up at all. I usually change after dinner but I felt that I should stay dressed up since everyone else is still dressed up. I saw a lot of people including a few teens wearing nice dress clothes on smart causal nights.
This one girl was always dressed nice during the day so I change into my nice clothes oxford shirt, nice pants, sweater vest, dress shoes and talk to her. She said she likes to dress up on cruise ships. We did a lot of things together and I usually wore my polo shirts and dress pants during the day with her even though I wouldn't if I was not with her.

I don't know why this cruise so many people dressed up? Do you think it was because it was a round trip from Seattle?
Brian
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Sapphire Princess dress code

Brian, the suggested dress for the evening is supposed to be for the entire evening, so I wouldn't change next time. The most I've done is take off my suit coat.

Hope that helps.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 10th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Brian - that is the norm on Princess. Most folks stay dressed up for the entire evening if they are planning on participating in any of the evenings activites.
Old June 10th, 2005, 10:20 AM
First Mate

Brian,

A lot of us enjoy dressing up. In my case, I wear casual clothes to work (jeans, collar shirt) and since I don't go to church, I almost never wear a suit. On formal nights, I enjoy getting dressed up in my tux (bought specifically for cruising - no idea where else I'd ever wear it). I do tend to change sometime in the evening, but generally not before the midnight buffet.

Dana

Old June 11th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Dalene

Brian-dressing up, especially on formal nights, has always been fun for our family. We rent tuxes for our teenage boys and they love it. We've gotten some beautiful family photos.
Old June 11th, 2005, 02:44 PM
mnelson

I don't enjoy dressing up so I usually opt for the Lido buffet on formal nights. I've never felt out of place participating in the rest of the evening's activities in my casual wear. There are always either enough people who changed right after dinner or never dressed up in the first place so that I blend in fine.

Of course, I wouldn't go to the main dining room or the Captain's cocktail party dressed casually, but everywhere else seems to be okay.
Old June 12th, 2005, 11:45 AM
dc10

Well, for now on I will stay dressed up. Even on smart causal nights I wont change.

Thanks
Brian