Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniegb View Post
OK - agree $50 is too high - but on the other hand I have seen folks try to cram 11/12 kg suitcases into overhead bins. Put the larger pieces of luggage in the hold. BTW SW allow you to check one piece of luggage fee-free? or so my friends tell me.

Return flight will be minus paperbacks, munchies, wine and toiletries.

Annie
SW allows you to bring on 2 50 pound suitcase per ticketed passenger and one carryon and a personal item (ex. a purse) for FREE.

Having just flown direct air - the price (at check in) was $30 per checked bag up to 50 pounds with surcharges for extra weight. We checked 4 bags .... but foundn waaaay to many peopel trying to cram their overweight/size items into the overhead bins; to the point where it delayed take-off.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old September 15th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Hi Queen

Very generous luggage allowance of SW. If someone can't work with that, they deserve a $50 penalty IMHO.

Flight delays are bad enough but very heavy bags in overhead bins are a Health and Safety issue. I saw one bin open mid-flight, because of turbulence, and the case falling on a passenger.

I think all airlines should price the luggage allowance in the price of their ticket.

Annie
Old October 15th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

As has been mentioned, we got a small scale from bed and bath, I think it was 19.00 but had a coupon at any rate we have used that numerous times and have been within a pound or so of the airlines (or so meaning less on the airlines). We toss it in our bag, very light and do the same for the return, just avoids all the fees

Pete