Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Mike H.

Default Island Princess Hawaii????

I would like to hear comments from everyone that has taken the 15 day Island Princess to Hawaii out of LA.

Thanks
Mike & Claire
Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Island Princess Hawaii????

Mike, we have a Cruisemates group cruise booked for her on Jan 6th.

Excellent comments, from what I hear.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 4th, 2005, 01:31 PM
First Mate

We took it this past Christmas/New Years. That was a great time for a family cruise but otherwise, book outside that time frame as it is twice as expensive and there are a lot of kids. We enjoyed ourselves but then we like the cruise days more than port days. This is not the way to experience Hawaii as you have limited times in port. Princess could improve the experience by having some lecture series on the islands but I guess there are no stores to promote for kickbacks so they don't seem to have such talks on this cruise. Since we go to Hawaii on a yearly basis, it was a good way to introduce our children and grandchildren to Hawaii as one gets a limited overview.

BTW, we like the Island Princess. It and the Coral are are favorite Princess ships, followed by the Sun class ships.
Frank-in-CA
Old July 6th, 2005, 01:13 PM
First Mate

We are thinking this over!! Spoke to a girl who took it a few years ago in April and they had 26ft. swells. Not so great but better than flying. We like sea days so that isn't a problem, however, the rough waters don't thrill me. I guess nobody can predict a smooth sailing especially in the Pacific Ocean. Want do do this cruise at some point in time.
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Sea-soned 1

We did this cruise this past April. It was wonderful! There were very few children aboard, and the ones that were there were very well behaved. The sea was a bit rough the first day and til noon the second..........and I do mean a bit........I think we had 6-9 ft seas. We had one other day, just out of Kauai, on our return, that had the water in the pools sloshing. I think they were closed over one night. We had choppy seas the last day after leaving Ensendada. . The weather was cool off the coast, and as we approached the coast on our return. Otherwise we had very calm seas and lovely weather. It was a beautiful cruise, with too much to do, and not enough time.