Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2005, 04:15 PM
CThuskies

Default question about princess-age range?

Hello all-

I'm looking to do a cruise (7nt) in January with a group of friends---we've been cruising yearly since college and are considering princess for the first time. What is the typical age range on one of this lines larger ships. More specifically, the Caribbean Princess.

We're all in our late 20's--all working professionals, some couples but mostly single college friends. We've done mostly RCCL and have noticed that their product has gone down hill over the years (since the introduction of their MEGA-ships). Last year we gave Carnival a try and left with a neutral feeling whether or not to give them a try again.

You suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:28 AM
susancruzs

Default Re: question about princess-age range?

I think you should give Princess a try! Princess has all age groups, and a seven day cruise won't mean an all older crowd.

Check out the reviews for the Grand class ships (big but not overwhelming) and the new Caribbean Princess!

I like both Princess and RCI but I haven't sailed on the mega ships for RCI, only older ships or Brilliance of the Seas (which I really enjoyed)!

Susie
Old July 10th, 2005, 08:29 AM
CThuskies

thnx for the info Susie-
i done the Radiance class ships of RCCL and have very much so enjoyed them. The reason why we're considering Princess is due to price. Both Radiance of the Seas and the Caribbean Princess have similar routes of interest for January 2006 however the Princess price seems much more comptetive.

so here starts to recruitment process for me!

thanks again
-Mark
Old July 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM
claude

Hi,
With your '' profile '', CARRIBEAN PRINCESS is for you, tailor-made !!!

You'll get more than a fair amount of cruisemates in your age group.

Happy sailing
Cheers
CG
Old July 11th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'll disagree a bit with others here. I've found Princess generally to have a slightly older demographic. Not that there won't be some people onboard in your (and all) age ranges, but the average age will be closer to 60 than 30. And that will certainly hold true when talking about singles onboard.

However, I think on Princess you'll find a more well traveled group as well, so interesting conversation won't be difficult to find.. with any age group onboard.

The advantage to Princess may be its "any time dining".... no set dining times, and dine with whomever you choose, offers some flexibility you might enjoy.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 12th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Admiral

you will find a wide age range demographic on Princess. If you travel during school break time you will find more families with school age childeren, not hoards of them, as Princess limits the number of kids allowed on each voyage.
You will encounter interesting, diverse, traveled passengers who are interesting to be with and talk to no matter what their age is.
There is always something going on day or night, its a very active ship. Not a sleepy ship by no means.
I feel that Princess ships have a casual elegance about them, nothing flashy or glitzy, like a nice resort hotel. Good service, good people, good food. Give it a try.
Old July 12th, 2005, 07:17 PM
karenbfl

We were on the Star last Novemeber for a 7 nt cruise. We are late 20s and early 30s. We found a wide variety of ages. I found that there were more 30s and 40s on the ship than people older than that. Princess is a great line from what we experienced. We never felt like we were to young to be on the ship. If you are a social person, you will be able to strike up conversations easily.

karen
Old July 14th, 2005, 08:16 AM
LU

My husband and I were married on the Grand Princess in April. Although we had a good time, I must admit that there were a lot of older guests on the ship.

The nightclub did tend to pull in whatever younger guests there were on the ship, however, it was still pretty empty compared to a regular bar.

We are in our 30's and our single friends who were in their 30's did not have much luck in finding other singles their age. They did start up conversations with some of the staff but it was hard to spend time with any of them as they had to work.

Hope that helps
Old July 14th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Passenger

Alot may depend also on when you travel. Once we went mid Dec and found a greater percentage of 55+, but I think that was because of the time of year. Just before Christmas, I think the younger crowd is involved with holiday parties, shopping, kids activities, etc.