Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Passenger

Default caribbean princess balcony

hi, i've read on this forum that some balconies have doors between them that can open. we have side by side rooms on baja deck on the cp. does anyone know if the decks can open to each other? thanks

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2005, 07:46 PM
claude

Default Re: caribbean princess balcony

Hi,
Look at the floor plan in the brochure or on line; connecting rooms are identified as
such. If still in dooubt, your TA will tell you.
But primarly, when you booked your rooms, had they been connecting, assuredly your
TA would have told you.

Good luck
CG
Old July 10th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Beginner

I just got off the CP. The balcony doors open to connect. It was the best vacation we have had. We've been on other cruises and this was awesome.

Joanne
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: caribbean princess balcony

thanks, i'll contact the ta. thanks again
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: caribbean princess balcony

oh, great, i was hoping we could open them up. glad you enjoyed the cruise. we're looking forward to this one. take care

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS
Old July 11th, 2005, 03:13 PM
LK

Default Re: Re: Re: caribbean princess balcony

MICK,

There are a few balcony doors that do not open. I believe that the ones that have a fire door between them in the corridor, do not open on the balconies. You can tell which these are b/c on the deck plan, the numbers change to the next hundred when there is a fire door. For instance (and I'm just making up these numbers -- I'm not looking at a deck plan)... If you're just going down the hall and the rooms go from B490 to B501, there would be a fire door in the corridor that falls between those rooms and the balcony door may not open. However, if you have two rooms in the same "hundred" like B213 and B215, they should open. I hope that makes sense.

LK
Old July 12th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Mick - the doors between balconies are locked, you will have to ask your room steward to open them for you, then you need something to hold the door open, as it swings shut with the movement of the ship ( bungee cord). There is a sill between the balconies that you have to step over.