Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to PeterV Send a message via Yahoo to PeterV
Default Guarantee Cabin and Personalizer

I haven't used the guarantee cabin before on Princess and have a question or two.

I am booked in an AD guarantee for the 9/24 Caribbean Princess. On my Booking Summary the Status is blank. This is the one just above the number of nights. Also it does not show up on my Cruise History as a future cruise.

Is this normal for a guarantee?

The reason I ask is that I have another cruise booked for December, and have a cabin assignment, and the Status is listed as Confirmed for that one, and it does show on my Cruise History as Future.

It does have the correct CC Status and CC number.

Cheers,
Peter

Old July 14th, 2005, 07:56 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Guarantee Cabin and Personalizer

I just went through this whole guarantee thing with one travel agent. However, cancelled that travel agent and went with regular one (long story) As I understand it when you book a guarantee you do not get your room assignment until you are checking in. However, closer to the time of your cruise your travel agent may know the room. With a guarantee you will get the same catagory but not know where your room may be, it can be anywhere where that catagory is located on any deck. Myself I need to know exactly where our room will be located. That is why I opted out of guarantee. If you scan these posts look for the post "guarantee" and one of the answers give a site for info on a "quarantee cabin" can't remember it now sorry. I'm sure there are many others out there that can explain it to you better than myself. I hope I helped a little. Enjoy your cruises!!!!
Old July 14th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info Carol, but I know how the guarantee works, my questions were about the personalizer and how the guarantee affects it and the cruise history.

Anyone else a guarantee and the cruise showing a blank status and not appearring on your cruise history?

Cheers,
Peter

Old July 15th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Passenger

Dh and I booked a Gty on Caribbean Princess for October 8. For a long time, it showed with no status and cabin number on the personalizer. You are still allowed to do whatever you want and enter any information, those items will just be blank. Once you have a cabin, the status will change to confirmed, you bed configuration will change and you will become confirmed. Ours just changed a couple of weeks ago when we got assigned a cabin.

Deena

Sensation 96/99; Fascination 00; Costa Atlantica 01; Fantasy 02;
Sovereign/Seas 02; Victory 03; Glory 9/04; Caribbean Princess 10/05
Old July 16th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

But did it also not show up on your CC profile cruise history?

Old August 1st, 2005, 01:36 AM
SLOVINSKI

Default Re: Re: Guarantee Cabin and Personalizer

I specifically booked a queen BE on Caribe deck and when I went online to Princess site to check my stats, I discovered they had "upgraded" me to a BB on Aloha. Only trouble with the "upgrade" was that it was a cabin that could not convert to a queen, so only twins were in the cabin and the new cabin was directly under the treadmill machines in the gymnasium! Princess said as long as it is a higher designation of cabin(BE to BB) and or on a higher deck then its an upgrade as far as they are concerned.
Old August 1st, 2005, 02:29 PM
First Mate

Are you taking this cabin?? We were on the Aloha deck and under the pool area. There was noise when the chairs were moved around, but under the treadmill I can just imagine. You really aren't in the cabin all that much but if you want to sleep late and someone wants to work out what then??? Do you have to take this upgrade??

Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:37 PM
Familiar Face

I called my TA and had a 3-Way phone conv with Princess. Since I booked my original BE on Caribe as a "guarantee" and not a specific cabin, I was at the mercy of Princess who can "upgrade" me at their will, which they did to the Gymnasium twin. I asked for my old unspecified BE cabin back and they said there wasn't one available anymore. I go to bed very late and sleep in very late so the gymnasium twin on Aloha was unacceptable.

They were very unaccomodating, unsympathetic and I'm sure felt I was ungreatful for not appreciating the "upgrade" which I insisted was a "downgrade".

Finally I had to book a specfic cabin to insure a queen and no gym. The only thing available was a BB but it cost $150 more. They made me feel like it was my fault. My TA was useless. The lady at princess even told me you can't hear noise thru the decks. I am very disappointed so far but I will NOT allow it to ruin my first Princess cruise.

Next cruise I book a specfic cabin number and use my old travel agent.