Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Passenger

Default 10 day cruise on the Star Princess in December?

I was looking at the 10 day cruise on the Star Princess from 12/18/05-12/28/05 or an 8 day cruise on the Westerdam from 12/18/05-12/26/05. However, my patience for kids has been decreasing with my age and the more I go through in life. Does anyone think that is a bad time of year. I cruised the RCI Navigator the week before Christmas and there was about 300 kids, that wasn't bad all at.

I would also be happy if anyone could tell anything about Princess. The extra charges, food quality , service and spa. I heard that it is one of the cleanest lines outside of Celebrity.

Post Edited (07-14-05 14:16)
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2005, 01:44 PM
RickVanover

Default Re: 10 day cruise on the Star Princess in December?

I just got off the Star Princess in Europe and it was great related to the kids factor you describe. I think b/c of it being Princess and in Europe, the kids were miminized by that factor, but over Christmas in the Caribbean is anyone's guess.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:04 PM
First Mate

Default Re: 10 day cruise on the Star Princess in December?

We found the 10 day cruises have less children on board. BUT remember you are going on a holiday sailing and that would mean to me more families. Princess is a great line, we have sailed her twice once on the Golden and in March we were on the Sun. We like the smaller ships without all the glitz. The Sun & Golden are both beautiful ships. The Golden being the bigger of the two. We found the food to be good on both ships, the extra pricing would be for dining at the specialty restaurants. I don't know about the spa prices because I haven't gone to it. (YET) We found that the staff were very friendly and aimed to please. We really liked the Sun Princess and are going on her again in March. Enjoy making your decision.