Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 18th, 2005, 02:01 PM
CP

Default GALVESTON WEATHER

CAN SOMEONE WHO HAS SAILED OUT OF GALVESTON IN FEBRUARY TELL ME WHAT THE WAETHER THE FIRST DAY OUT AND LAST DAY IN IS LIKE. IS IT WARM OR COLD

CP
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: GALVESTON WEATHER

January and February are the cold and wet monthes for us Texans, if I could predict the weather I would be on TV. Around this area (HOU/GAL) all you need to do is wait 24hrs and the weather will change. I live 40min from Galveston so here is my best guess, plan on a cold, windy day with clouds and some rain. Dress for it!! It will depend on how the cold fronts line up during the winter. Last 12-24-04, Galveston had 4"-6" of snow two days later we were in the 70's.

February is "GO TEXAN" month that is when the rodeo is in town and the trail rides are taking place and I have not seen to many February"s go by that are not cold and wet!
The point being, the trail riders bring the cold and rain.
Old July 20th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Happy Camper

Then again it could be 70 degrees out - weather here is funny! Most likely in the 50s to low 60s during the day and 30 to 40s at night. We pulled out in Janaury this year on the Esctasy and it was rainy but not real cold - dont' think I even had a sweat shirt on. But then again we actually had snow on Christmas for the first time in 15 years!! Very iffy! Debbie
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:16 AM
kris14

My birthday is in february and I have had some birthdays we were out in short and t's and others it was icy and frigid. I think you will really have to wait till closer to your sail date to get a accurate idea of what to expect with the temps.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 07:22 PM
txredhead

We sailed out of Galveston this past February on Rhapsody of the Seas. First day at sea was nice....cloudy at times but ok enough to lay by the pool. However....the pool was freezing. The last day sea was horrible. No by the pool....we went in to watch a movie. Rest of the trip was fine. I doubt we'll book another cruise that early in the year.
Old August 12th, 2005, 10:51 AM
hondagirl

We sailed from Galveston Jan 29th, 05 on the Grand. The day we left was cool. The first day was alittle cloudy. By end of the first day the weather had really improved.
The last day was cold and raining..high was about 60.