CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   fort lauderdale airport check-in (post caribbean princess) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/227921-fort-lauderdale-airport-check-post-caribbean-princess.html)

CThuskies July 21st, 2005 05:42 AM

fort lauderdale airport check-in (post caribbean princess)

Hi all-

thanks for the previous replies to questions i had about trying Princess (caribbean princess) for the first time. Well i'm booked for a Jan 7th cruise out of Lauderdale. Can someone shed some light on airline (specifically Delta Song) check in procedures. There are only 2 direct flights to WindsorLocks (CT) on my return day--one at 10am (too soon in my opinion) and another at 6:40pm. If i book on the 6:40pm do you know off hand if Delta will allow a passenger to check in luggage several hours prior to the flight (ie...at 11am or so). That would allow me to carefully pack a carry-on on the last night of this cruise proceed to the airport to check in bags, then cab it over to the beach and spend my 'waiting' time on the shoreline.

The reason why i question this is due to the fact that i expirienced a 4 hour max. time to check in bags with another carrier (southwest airlines) on a recent trip to Orlando.

thanks,
Mark

LisaK July 21st, 2005 07:22 AM

Re: fort lauderdale airport check-in (post caribbean princes

Mark, look into a post-cruise shore excursion from Princess, that would give you something to do and Princess picks you up at the pier, takes your luggage, takes you to your excursion and then gets you to the airport. Or you could look into renting a day room at one of the many hotels on 17th Street.

booboo4031 July 21st, 2005 09:58 AM

Fort Lauderdale only allows luggage check in 4 hours before flight time .. regardless of the airline. And post 9/11, there is no luggage storage available either. When I have a late flight, I rent a car for the day.... that way I can do what I want and drop my luggage curbside when I'm ready to check in.

CThuskies July 21st, 2005 05:28 PM

does anyone have specific hotel names for renting a 'day' room. I've never done this before however am interested in finding out further info. I debated on booking a hotel room through pricline just for this purpose...but most hotels have a 3pm check in...so that idea is out the window.

thanks for all the help guys!

Mark

paul1 July 22nd, 2005 06:46 AM

I have a cruise booked on cp for oct 22,we have a post cruise hotel as well,we were scheduled to fly out at 11 am but has ben changed to 6:45 pm.called hotel was told we can check out as late as 2pm with no extra charge,then the porter would store bags till time to go to airport.we are staying at the rennasainse(what ever) and they have a free shuttle to the beach so we are just going to have a beach day go back get our bags and head to the airport.

KreinKrunker July 23rd, 2005 12:33 PM

Are you staying in Ft Lauderdale pre-cruise? If so, check with the bell captain about keeping your luggage post cruise. Have done this in the past when we have had late flights. Just go back to the hotel, store your bags for a few hours, and then off to the airport.