Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2005, 11:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default Dawn switched my cabin

I booked balcony cabin # C228 a BE catagory on Caribe Deck. I've been assigned cabin #A730 a BB catagory on Aloha Deck.
This seems like an upgrade however on the Princess site I find the new cabin directly under the Gymnasium on Riviera and it says my new cabin will accomodate a 3rd & 4th person and that the two lower twins will NOT convert to a queen and there is a shower only. This is the Dawn, 10-Day Mexican Riviera out of San Francisco. I am traveling alone.

Do you think this is really a good upgrade or are they sticking me in a cabin under an exercise machine with 4 beds and a smaller bathroom?

I sleep in late. Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Dawn switched my cabin

The jump from a lower category to a higher category is an upgrade, if you do not want the chance of an upgrade, at time of booking, have it so stated in your record.
Old July 24th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Passenger

That wasn't the answer to my specific question, thank you anyway.
Old July 24th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

The two lower twins should convert, especially if the upper bunks are not being used........

Old July 24th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Familiar Face

regardless of what they "should" do, their web site says they DO NOT. How can a convertible queen now turned into a twin be considered an "upgrade"?
Old July 24th, 2005, 06:15 PM
JSH

I would not count on sleeping late being under the gym.
You will hear those people bouncing around bring
and early every morning.
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Familiar Face

Exactly my thoughts, all those exercisers on treadmills and jumping around first thing in the morning will annoy the heck out of me, so, how can they consider a cabin where there can only be twin beds and no converting to a queen plus under the Gym as an "upgrade"? Instead of a basic two person cabin they gave me one outfitted to accomodate four. Thank you for your input.
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:59 PM
kris14

when is your cruise? have you called Princess to discuss the change?
Old July 24th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Familiar Face

Its Oct 11th. I'm calling the agency I booked with. My agent is pretty upfront so I'm gonna have him convince me this is better than what I orginally booked. I only found out about the "upgrade" when I went to princess site to register and fill out the immigration doc's. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it a lot.
Old July 25th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Administrator
Admiral

This doesn't sound like an upgrade to me, especially if you booked a specific cabin and not a guarantee.

I also checked the deck plans and you are absolutely right, the beds do not convert to a queen and it's right under the exercise area.

If it was me I would be on the phone with the agent and get this "upgrade" changed. This is one of those instances of when an upgrade isn't necessarily an upgrade.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Admiral

call your travel agent, since you booked a specific cabin, you should be able to refuse the change. I don't think that i would like being under the gym for the reasons mentioned., and going from a convertable queen to a non-convertable twin is not a good thing.
Old July 25th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Familiar Face

Thank you all. I have a call into my travel agent as we speak. I specifically booked a catagory BE with convertible queen on a middle deck with other cabins above and below me and now they put me in a twin under treadmills in a gym and call it an "upgrade". It still makes me wonder why this "upgrade" is a 3 cabin catagory more expensive than my original booked one. Anyway, thank you so very much for alleviating my concerns.