Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2005, 02:07 PM
cricket55

Default princess wine packages?

I am wondering if Princess offers wine packages similar to Royal Caribbean, where you can choose 5 or 7 wines from a set list for around $89.00 +?

If so, please provide some details if possible on quality and pricing.
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: princess wine packages?

I did not see or hear of a wine package on the Grand (3-5-05). They offered a package of six high end wines for $199.00 the day after the wine tasting. Take your own and pay the corkage fee, after you get a look at the wine list and what Princess pays for those wines and what they charge you for it, taking your own makes good sense.

Example: Santa Carolina, Cab (Chile) $5.43......Your cost $24.00
Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir $5.07....................... $28.00
Kendall Jackson Chard $4.20...................... $30.00

We took two cases of high end wine (Silver Oak Napa).. and paid a corkage fee on two nights. The rest of the time no fee. Included in that two case were Chardonnay and Champaigne.
Old July 27th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Lissee

You mention taking your own wine onboard. Can we bring a few bottles on board with us when we disembark and enjoy them at dinner and pay the corkage fee? Any idea what the corkage fee is?
Thanks!
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Admiral

You can order a gift of wine to be sent to your stateroom in advance a BonVoyage Gift - you can do this on line.
Princess allows you bring aboard wine/champagne,in your carry-on you may drink it in your room, or if you want your wine served at dinner, bring the bottle down during the day if you want it chilled, you will pay the corkage fee. It was $9.00 per bottle when we sailed last.
Princess has a very good selection of wines to choose from.
No pre-paid wine packages.
Old July 27th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Passenger

Taking wine on the Grand was no problem. I packed my wine in two wine shipping boxes, taped them up and taped a Princess boarding tag to them. I gave the porter an extra $5 to take good care and they arrived at my cabin shortly after boading. You can carry on a few bottles if you wish, but they sure get heavy. A six bottle wine trolley works great because you can roll it along. Corkage fee on the Grand was $10.00 per. bottle at dinner.
Old July 29th, 2005, 02:23 PM
cap

Princess cruises allows you to take wine and beer on board? This is our first cruise and I know of family and friends that have cruised on Norweigen Cruise lines and were not allowed to take any.

We were not going to bring anything because we thought they would take it away until the cruise was over.

Thanks!
Old July 29th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Passenger

Princess allows wine and champaigne on board. Beer?.....I guess you could pack some beer in a wine shipping box and tag it, they would not check it. Since we do not drink beer we did not worry about it. Hey, put a case or two in a small suitcase and check it in with the luggage, I do not think you will have a problem.

Since we are accustomed to high end wine, and the Princess wine list was lacking in quality wine, the need for our own was magnified. My point is why pay $28-$32 for a five dollar bottle of wine, when I can bring a $40.-$100. bottle and pay a $10 corkage fee and enjoy a quality wine.