Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default World Series on TV ??

Okay, I know this is a crazy question - but I'm a sports nut and I'm cruising the Sun Princess 10/29. Can anyone tell me if the World Series is televised (live??) at the sports bar? Should be the last two games of the Series if it goes the 7 games.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2005, 09:51 AM
venice

Default Re: World Series on TV ??

can't answer for Princess but I was on the Zuiderdam last fall during the world series and it was broadcast in the sports bar and I have never seen so many Red Sox Fans in my life (I am a New York Yankee Fan), and boy was there a celebration after they won
Old July 27th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: World Series on TV ??

Venice,

That would have been tough for me also! Unfortunately, I had to experience it live in the Bronx. At least you had the consolation of a dip in the jacuzzi to ease the pain! I have been considering postponing cruising until November since I would be devastated if the Yanks made it to the World Series and I couldn't see the games. We are truly spoiled!
Old July 27th, 2005, 01:11 PM
AR

Default Re: Re: Re: World Series on TV ??

Well, I'm pretty sure that your problems will be solved. The Yanks won't make it to the World Series, so I suggest you just not worry about the TV situation.

Whether or not the Series is telecast around the ship depends on whether the cruise line buys the rights. They often do, but there's no guarantee. Plus, of course, there are always the vagaries of satellite reception. Depending on the bird being used and the position of the ship, the signal can be a little "iffy" at times.
Old July 27th, 2005, 03:34 PM
venice

well it would be interesting to see the World Series on MUTS..the funny thing about the Red Sox Fans is that right up until the very end, they believed that the Red Sox curse would kick in..when it didn't the place went wild. I think anyone on the ship that lived in New England or anyone from anywhere that hated the Yankees went crazy
Old July 28th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Eve

I was on the Sun in January and they showed the NFL playoff games so I'm sure they'll show the World Series games. They did this both on an in-room channel and in the Shooting Stars Disco lounge on several large screens in there.
Old July 28th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Eve

Default Re: Re: World Series on TV ??

Oh, and one more thing. Several people complained that they didn't know the game was being shown, but I saw the notice in the Princess Patter the day before as well as (I think) on some announcement board near the purser's desk (or whatever they call that now). Just watch for it. Anyone who didn't know wasn't paying attention.
Old July 29th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: World Series on TV ??

AR: Them's fightin' words... but it's okay -I am a baseball fan and although I love my Yanks more than anything, even if they don't make it, I'll still watch the Series. (Betcha they make it anyway!).

Eve: Thanks for the great news! I'm going to confirm my reservation today and I'm set to sail!!

Venice: Keep the faith! The best is yet to come for 2005!

All the best to everyone, and thanks again!

Jeana