CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Princess Cruise Lines (
-   -   room service breakfast (

cricket55 July 28th, 2005 02:34 PM

room service breakfast
Is it true that you can only get a continental style breakfast for room service on Princess and not a full hot breakfast like on RCCL? I have heard of a "special" romance breakfast room service. What does this include and what is the cost?

CruzNut July 28th, 2005 06:53 PM

Re: room service breakfast
When travelling into the Panama Canal (the only time I get room service breakfast), I just take the breakfast menu provided in your cabin (basically a Continental type) and mark cheese omelet, oatmeal, etc. then hang it on the outside door knob. Have always received it as ordered.

dands July 28th, 2005 10:16 PM

When you order room service on the card provided at night, simply write what you want on the card, omellette, pancakes, oatmeal, egg beaters, whatever and you will get it at the time you order it. Also do not forget to tip the room service staff at least $2 per serving. Then they will serve you well

LisaK July 29th, 2005 07:40 AM

for breakfast if they serve it in the dining room or at the buffet, you can get it with room service, the key is to be very specific, for example If you want pancakes you need to order say 3 pancakes, butter and syrup or else you will get dry pancakes.

lissee July 29th, 2005 07:55 AM

Silly questions, but this will be my first cruise - is the room service food free (included in the cost of the cruise)?

danacline July 29th, 2005 08:39 AM

Yes, room service is free, but it's always a good idea to tip them a dollar or two for each order.