Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2005, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Martie
Default Ice Cream and Iced Tea

We're going on the Crown Princess next summer. I'm told it will be similar to the Caribbean Princess. Does the Caribbean Princess have access to iced tea and ice cream (free) all day and night?

Has anyone heard specifics about the new Crown Princess? They don't have it on the website yet.

Atlantic 1982
Horizon 2003
Legend 2004
7.15.2005 Voyager of the Sea
7.29.06 Crown Princess
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2005, 08:28 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Ice Cream and Iced Tea

Based on other Princess ships, my bet is that iced tea is available 24 hours a day, and free ice cream will be available in the buffet at 3:30 in the afternoon and in the dining room as a part of the dinner's dessert.

Milk is also available 24 hours a day, but juice is only available in the mornings.

Dana

Old August 22nd, 2005, 12:54 AM
pes949

I second these questions....

I will be going in July 06 to Eastern Carribean
Old August 22nd, 2005, 08:34 PM
Skipper

Martie,
You hear a lot about getting charged for ice cream on Princess, but that is just for the Haagen DAAS and ice creams at the pools and stuff. As Dana said, you can get all of the ice cream you can eat, and it is homemade and wonderful. The flavors change all the time. My all time favorite was rhubarb! My wife and I enjoy the ice cream every day at 3:30 in the food court. They also put out homemade cookies and other treats. They also have ice cream in the dining room at lunch and dinner, and from time to time in the food court at lunch. You can have all you want. The thing about enjoying cruising is to be a little bit flexible and you can get about anything you want and more than you need. You just cannot always have it 24 hours a day.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 07:00 AM
BMK

That is the way it was on the Diamond like above posters said, but do treat yourself to a milkshake from the ice cream parlor by the pool. They were delicious, a little pricxey at 3.75 but a nice treat.
Old August 23rd, 2005, 09:31 PM
kvanriper

Avoid the pay ice cream. Its the only way go get it stopped. The 3:30 ice cream at the Horizon is a joke. They are only out for one hour, thats on hour to the second and no more. If you are in line waiting, and the one hour is up, too bad, you will then have to pay for your ice cream. You will never see people moving as fast as the ice cream crew, leaving at the hour mark. You will also see some of the longest lines in your life. The line waiting for the included ice cream is soo long and it moves sooo slow. Princess also uses the smallest paper cups that I have ever seen.

Princess needs to stop charging for ice cream!
Old August 25th, 2005, 02:28 PM
bjkeen

Normally, you have free tea, juice, water, milk and coffee. The drinks you pay extra for are cola, and alcoholic beverages. There is usually a free icecream/yogurt machine too.
Old August 25th, 2005, 08:37 PM
kvanriper

never have seen any ice cream/yogurt machines on princess. where, what ship, when??
Old August 25th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Skipper

We've never had the experience of long lines and skimpy servings. Sounds like one of the big ships. We try to stay on the Regal, Island, and Coral. These are not so big that you feel like you're in the Army! I think the new big shjps have less personal space, crews that are new and haven't gotten the chemistry right, and with all of the new ships in every line, excellent crew members are hard to find and develop. I also think that Princess may need additional crew and passenger space on some of their new ships or come up with new ways to handle the ice cream time and other things that worked well on the smaller ships.
Old August 26th, 2005, 09:23 PM
kvanriper

yes princess needs to change something on the ice cream. our recent experiences were on the golden and diamond. we are deciding between the coral among others for next summer. anyone else have negative experience with the included ice cream?
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Passenger

As stated the CB has ice cream free in the Horizon court opposite the side that is open for food service that afternoon...at 3 :30

No lines. They gave regular size soup bowls...easily fit several scoops. Toppings laid out to make a sundae. 4 flavors offered every afternoon. Was very rich.

No ice cream or frozen yogurt machines available...that's on RCCL. (and it wasn't very good either, even if it was free).

Ice cream was always on the menu in the dining room for both lunch and dinner.
Old August 30th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Passenger

Also,. the ice tea was free...but it was awful! If you enjoy ice tea you may night like it. Tastes like the worst instant I've had.

Tried mixing it with extra sugar, extra water...nothing helped...it was just plain awful.

my suggestion would be to make a cup of hot tea, then use one of the plastic cups available, fill with ice, pour the hot tea over...and then you'll have decent ice tea.
Old January 8th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Admiral

We need free ice cream!!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 21st, 2006, 12:08 AM
Yeoman

Default Ice cream and ice tea

We have cruised Princess and RCCL many times.Princess ice teas you to death. Did they ever hear of lemonade? Carnival has the best lemonade we ever tasted. Only one little reason we will cruise them for the third time. Great prices and great food. Ice cream is offered soft serve even late at night. After 10:00 on RCCl everything is shut up tight and if you are smart you take glasses (without ice) back to your stateroom in the afternoon. After awhile you learn all the ins and outs of getting around their piddly rules and regulations.
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07