Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2005, 02:59 PM
MagnoliaBlossom

Default British Isles question

We've booked the Golden for the British Isles next July.
I would appreciate feedback from previous cruisers about whether
you believe I can make an 11:55 a.m. flight from Gatwick?
thanks, Magnolia Blossom
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Don Worrell

Default Re: British Isles question

Southampton is about a 2 1/2 hour trip from Gatwick. If the ship docks at 7:00 a.m. and you get off at 8:00 with the trip to the airport you wouldn't have enough time. United told me for international flights you need to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight leaves. I would check with my airline and check with Princess.

I will be doing the British Isles in two weeks.

Don
Old August 5th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Admiral

I'd say not, when I did the British Isles last year on the Royal Princess, we did our own airfare. Princess told us not to book a flight before 3:00 p.m.

Double check with Princess and see what time they suggest, but 11:55 sounds definitely too early.
Old August 5th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Portsleft

We recently returned from the Golden Princess British Isles cruise. We took the Princess transfers and are very pleased with the results. The ship arrives in Southampton at about 5a.m.and debarkation begins at 6:30 a.m. We were off the ship and on the bus by 7:30am. If you chose to arrange your own transfer you merely advise the Pursers desk what time you would like to be off the ship. They will give you the proper color luggage tag. As we said, we were on the bus at 7:30 ready to go but were held up by a couple who decided to take their time getting to the bus. Our flight from Heathrow was at 12:20 and we arrived with plenty of time to spare. We let Princess handle the transfers for our own comfort. Those who arranged their own transfers did not seem to have any problems. Glad to answer any other questions you may have. You should have no problem making your flight.
Old August 6th, 2005, 07:10 AM
MagnoliaBlossom

Thanks so much for the input. We did the NCL Dream last year from Dover and were at the airport at 9:20, but I wasn't sure how much further Southhampton was. Think I'll stick with the 2:20 fight to be safe but it sure would be make the earlier connection in Dallas.