Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Familiar Face

Default Princess Cay??

This is a scheduled stop on our October cruise. Is it worth getting off? Is it very crowded? Is there anything to see snorkelwise? We cruised RCCL and were not impressed with their private Island so wondered how Princess' is. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2005, 08:25 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Princess Cay??

Princess Cay is probably worth getting off the ship. It was completely rebuilt after the last hurricane and was gorgeous in the spring when we were there. I haven't snorkeled there so I can't speak to that.

Dana

Old August 16th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Princess Cays is definately worth getting off the ship for. Its a nice relaxing day at the beach. It is very clean, and neat. Its basically one big beach party. Lots of folks do snorkel here, we haven't done that. The kids did the banana boat ride and had a blast, while the parents chilled-out in lounge chairs on the beach with a cocktail. The lunch buffet is very good, there is music, dancing, volleyball games, water toys & water sports.
Old August 17th, 2005, 08:49 PM
sunluva7

Default Re: Re: Princess Cay??

I love Princess Cays. It is a great beach day. I recommend you get on the first or second tender, though, if you want a spot in the shade of a palm tree. The water is warm, the beach is beautiful. Tip: Bring water shoes, there are many rocks. The snorkeling is good. For the best snorkeling, go to the left facing the beach, and walk down to the little pier and the white rental shack. You can either bring your own equipment or rent. They also sell fish food.
Old August 18th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Passenger

From what I remember from last year's cruise (right before the hurricane disable the Cays), the right side facing the beach was less crowded with people and snorklers.

Definitely get there early for a good spot. Also, there was a long wait to go back onboard - I think we waited for at least 3 or 4 tenders before getting on one.
Old August 18th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

It has been a couple of years since we wre there - but, although the water is clear and calm, it is a very sandy bottom (no coral) and not many fish. The fish we did see were very small. We are spoiled since we snorkel in Hawaii quite often and I have yet to find any place in the Caribbean that is as colorful or has as many large, and varied types of fish as in Hawaii.
Old August 18th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Passenger

Where do you like to snorkle in Hawaii?