Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Judith Kaplan

Default Question re Princess problem

Hi,
My husband and I were on the Golden Princess transatlantic cruise from NYC to Southhampton, England, on May 8th, and booked to our return flight to NY through Princess. Although there were no flight tickets included in our documentation packets, Princess told us to download etickets. However, United Airlines did not accept the etickets, and we had to pay out-of-pocket costs for our return flight. We finally did receive a refund for our out-of-pocket costs, but Princess telephoned in answer to my letter requesting "a token of apology and good will..perhaps in the form of shipboard credit," for our difficulties. They said that the fault occurred with United; they didn't accept the eticket. Now my questions: Are airline etickets usually not accepted? Should Princess have sent us onboard credit for future cruises as a token of good public relations?

Thank you for listening and for your input.
Mrs. Judith Kaplan
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2005, 08:23 PM
susancruzs

Default Re: Question re Princess problem

Seems very unorganized and strange! I'm leaving soon flying to England from Chicago to board the Sea Princess and have etickets also.

When I got the ticket book, I thought where are my air tickets, then I looked inside and there were etickets, Chicago to Heathrow and New York to Chicago. I called United right away because I was curious if I had a seat assignment and amazed that it was decent. Now I suppose I should call so I don't run into problems Sept. 2nd!

Just for your inconvenience of having to pay and then having to ask for a credit, they should give you something, maybe an amount towards a shipboard account on your next cruise.

Susie
Old August 21st, 2005, 11:25 AM
David Starkey

Is the problem United or Princess....sounds like United to me.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:41 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I agree with David - sounds like it was United's problem, not Princess'........maybe United owes you a credit for a future flight or something...................