Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2005, 07:27 PM
Lisa S.

Default Sapphire Princess-Anyone Taken Mid-Oct. Mex. Riviera Cruise?

We are booked on Sapphire Princess 10/15 Mexican Riviera cruise. Has anyone taken this cruise at around this time of year? What's the weather like? What do people wear at personal choice restaurants on non-formal nites? Any info on any subject will be gratefully received. We're 1st time Princess cruisers. Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2005, 07:47 PM
skarletohara

Default Re: Sapphire Princess-Anyone Taken Mid-Oct. Mex. Riviera Cru

We took this cruise last year in early October. You should expect very humid
weather in Mexico. It was hot and humid, but we enjoyed it anyway.

The first day at sea is always breezy leaving L.A. and by late day two, the weather
had warmed up sufficiently enough for us to use the balcony, unlike in February,
where the weather warmed up late on day three about the time we
were even with Cabo.

As far as attire, on non-formal nights you see a lot of people that are what I would
deem "resort casual". You don't have to be all fancy, however, a nice pants and
blouse ensemble would be appropriate for the dining rooms.

There are always people dressed up on any night, but you should not feel out of
place as long as you're dresses as I've described. We've been on Princess
4 times in the last two years and will be going on the Sapphire ourselves
in March '06!
Old August 22nd, 2005, 09:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

The weather will be hot and humid like the above post said.. But remember that the 1st. day of your trip could be cold and over cast.. But don't worry as it will warm up the next day.. I've on this Mexico trip out of LA about 10 times.. (not the same ships).. Because I can just drive to the dock and there is no air to deal with.. So it is an easy and cheap trip for me.. Read the above post again, because they are correct.. Use number 50 sun screen OM
Old August 23rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Captain

I was on the Sapphire to the Mexico Riviera last October. The only difference is that last year it was round trip from San Francisco instead of Los Angeles. Like the previous posters said, you can expect Mexico to be very hot and humid, although you may have a cooler day coming and going from L.A.

The attire in the personal choice restaurants is pretty much the same as in the main dining room. Ladies mostly wear casual sundresses, capris, or slacks coupled with casual blouses. For men you will see alot of docker-type pants and polo shirts or other casual collared shirts.

The Sapphire is an absolutely beautiful ship. Out of 12 cruises, she is by far my all-time favorite. You will have a great time!
Old August 24th, 2005, 09:49 PM
paljoeysmom

I sailed on the Sapphire 10/2/04 with some of the others above. Mexico was very HOT, and humid. The ship is absolutely gorgeous. It was the nicest ship I have been on during my 18 cruises.
Old August 26th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Abigail

My husband and I spent our honeymoon on the Sapphire on the 10/02/2004 sailing from San Francisco.

Mexico was hot and humid, but not unbearably so. Many men wore Dockers/Polos/nice shorts/shirts/sneakers/sandals.

I wore casual long sundress everywhere on all but formal nights. Most women sported capris, tank tops, sundresses, nice shorts, sandals.
Old August 27th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Taytay

I will be taking the same ship on Oct 22. This will be my 4th time on this itinerary. It will be my first trip on the Sapphire, but have sailed on the Sister Ship Golden Princess. The weather will be warm in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan (mid 80's to low 90's) and Cabo San Lucas a little cooler. Personal Choice dining on non-formal nights will be casual, sport shirts and dockers to slacks and sport coats. The Horizon Court buffet will be very casual, sometimes with shorts or bermudas, even in the evening especially when the weather is warm.