Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Lisa S.

Default Can your luggage still get lost if you're driving to embarca

We will be driving to our embacation point. Are there porters to take the luggage, or do you have to manage it? I hear a lot about lost luggage on these message boards. Do you stand by your luggage til it is picked up & taken to your room or is it in a safe, gated area? Has anyone taken golf clubs aboard ship? Do you leave the clubs with your luggage or is it best that you lug them to your cabin? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Blue Eyes

Default Re: Can your luggage still get lost if you're driving to emb

We drive to the t. Lauderdale or Miami all the time. We have never had a problem with luggage. We drive up to terminal, unload theluggage with the porters and I stay at the terminal and husband parks the car. Not sure about golf clubs, I believe they would be secured. You can also look into off site parking near the airports and take a shuttle to the terminal. It is usually about half the price of parking at the terminal. You just call them when you get off the ship and they come and pick you up and take you to your car.
Old September 7th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Admiral

If your golf clubs can fit thru the scanner you can carry them on with you, otherwise they will have to go with your checked baggage. Just make sure that you have the correct luggage tags on all your checked baggage, it will get to your stateroom.
Old September 8th, 2005, 07:04 PM
karenbfl

When we went on the Star out of Ft Lauderdale last year we drove and parked in the terminal. Then we took our luggage to the porters to check in. It may take your luggage awhile to get to your door but it all does come. Sometimes it doesn't all come at once. I have no clue about the golf clubs, I know I did see people with them but I think they checked them in with the porter.

=) Karen
Old September 12th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West
Default driving to port

If you have enough tags, put ( 2 ) tags on each piece of luggage. (1) high on the handle, and maybe (1) low on another handle or zipper. I also get a bright colored tape and put on my luggage. ( bright orange or green ) Since my luggage is black, this helps for me to be able to spot it more quickly.

Also, don't get alarmed if all of your luggage doesn't arrive all at once. or its not there till 5 or 6 pm that evening. I've never lost any, or had any problems. Golf clubs, I would try to carry those on. Also carry on any valuables that you may have brought. Diamonds, and ect.. just to be safe.

Happy cruising; 8)
david
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999