Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Beginner

Default Princess Pool Policy

Hi All:

We are just back from the CB (Aug 27-Sep 03)...great cruise....great weather...BUT...dismayed to find that the pools and hot tubs now have "hours" ( 0600 (or 0700 ?) to 12 Midnight)....24/7 availability of at least some pools and hot tubs was a big reason behind us cruising Princess in the first place (we now have several other reasons, as well)...but...what a disappointment!! The Cust Serv desk said that the pools and hot tubs had to be serviced and disinfected, etc., but couldn't give me a source on the hours...I later did see it referenced on a desk card in the cabin....is this a new Princess policy?? What a disappointment if it is.....or was it a short-term measure due, perhaps, to the fact that there were 500+ kids on that cruise?? Anybody know for sure??
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Passenger

As far as I know, Caribbean Princess is the only ship that shuts down the pools. No matter what anyone tells you, the decision is due to having so many more children and teens on that ship. Our one cruise aboard that ship was the worst we've been on, partly due to uncontrolled and unsupervised teens and children. Fortunately, Princess has taken steps to control the situation, but it will be a cold day in heck before we book another cruise on Caribbean Princess.

I liked the ship, just not much else about the cruise.
Old September 12th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Beginner

Thanks, Cruisin':

I liked the ship, too....lots of kids on that sailing, but I think that Princess must be handling the situation better, as I didn't think the kids were a particular problem ( and I'm fussy on this issue, even though we were cruising with our kids for the first time)....our kids behave, or they don't come...simple as that.