Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Passenger

Default CB inside cabins suddenly gone!

I have been researching the CB for a January cruise. I got some quotes and while still deciding, the inside cabins have suddenly been "sold out". I find it hard to believe that EVERY inside cabin is gone. Does this mean they are trying to sell the more expensive cabins first, then will sell the inside cabins cheaper?
I hate being lied to...something similar happened to us before. :evil:

Any thoughts from TA's out there?
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Beginner

I'm not a TA, but it's not unusual for a category of cabins to be sold out this far in advance.

Ron
Old September 21st, 2005, 07:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cabins

Cruising is popular. Are you trying to book Jan. 2006? Although, I do think it is strange that all of the cabins became sold out all at once. How many cabins were left when you were checking it out? It is possible that there was only one cabin left and you did not book it soon enough. The cheap cabins and the expensive cabins are booked first.

Usually cruise company have blocks of cabins for sale. TA's will hold blocks while trying to sell them. If they are not sold by a certain date, the TA's return the cabins to the cruise company so someone else can sell them.

Every cruise that I have been on has been sold out three months in advance of the cruise.

There is a final date that you can book. People tell me that years ago you could book right up until the week before the ship sailed. I don't know if this isn't possible today because the ships are booking up so far in advance, or whether the cruise companies are just not booking that late.

Check the same cruise today and see if it is still sold out.
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Beginner

Blocks of cabins are purchased by the big online agencies as mentioned by previous poster. You might check the various websites and you will probably fine some. Otherwise, 90 days out the unsold cabins should be returned to Princess. 8)
Old November 10th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Try "Cruisecompete.com" and see if they can come up with what you are looking for. I'll bet they can, and wouldn't be a bit surprised if the price is even better than you had quoted before. We've had great luck with these people, and have booked our last 2 or 3 cruises with them.
Good luck, and see you aboard.
Ken