Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Beginner

Default Anniversary package deal-Rip off or worth it????

Hello, I'm a first time cruiser, & am really looking forward to our Alaskan cruise. I have a few questions...Please help if possible, I want this to be the worlds greatest & most romantic anniversary for my wife & I.
I see on the Princess Anniversary packages, that a breakfast in bed, is available, has anyone had this? Is it worth it? Is it romantic?
Also, we can include a 1/2 hour massage, would anybody happen to know what this would cost on its own, without being in a "package" deal for the anniversary package?
Basically, does anybody reccomend or discourage the "anniversary package?" Thank you so very much.
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Admiral

I don't know about the breakfast in bed, but i do know that a basic 1/2 hr massage runs around $60.00 per person
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Admiral

We did the Vow Renewal in 2003 for our 30th and were treated like Royalty! We thought we received a great value.

Yes it is Romantic and woth every penny as long as you are enjoying it together! Don't forget a anniversary card and jewelry helps too!! ! Have a great time and Congratulations onl your anniversary.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old October 18th, 2005, 11:09 AM
First Mate

We did the Renewal of Vows on the Sea Princess for our 20th anniversary in 2000, and the Captain himself did the ceremony. It was excellent.

Not sure how adventurous you and your spouse are, but there are some interesting shore excursions (not cheap) such as flightseeing, dogsledding, mountain biking, etc. Take lots of pictures!

Dana
Old October 18th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Beginner

Thank you for all of your advice & help! I really appreciate it (and any other suggestions!!!)
Old October 18th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jakk: congrats on your anniversary. Hubby and I sailed on the Diamond/Inside Passage on Sept. 17th for our 35th anniversary. We've cruised 7 times, but this was our first to Alaska. It's breathtaking! We booked another cruise for next year on board.

Regarding the Spa - it was our first time ever. Give it a try, it's great. The spa offers a special for couples for $109. This pass gives you unlimited access to the hot stone beds (which were so relaxing), several types of sauna's, the rainforest shower and cool/mint shower, as well as the private pool and hot tub for the week. If you'd like more info, just ask.