Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Beginner

Default Caribbean Princess

The wife and I just returned from a 7-day on the Caribbean Princess. I know there have been a lot of posts stating how terrible the service is, but we found just the opposite. This was truly the best cruise we've been on. The service was incredible - from the cabin steward to the dining room service. We found everyone to be alert, well-mannered, and eager to provide assistance.

We took the suggestion from a previous post to dine in the Palm Dining Room. We never waited more than 2-3 minutes. After the first night, we made a standing 8:30 res for the same table. We usually arrived at 8 or a little after and the table was always available. The food was good and always arrived hot. We did eat in Sabatini's one night. It was a good experience and the service was good. But honestly, our meals in the Palm were just as enjoyable. The buffet is nuts, but if you know that going into it, you can maintain your sanity. Frankly, I haven't been in a single buffet line on a ship that wasn't crazy.

Our cabin was a little worn and could have used some touchups, but overall it was nice. The steward's service more than made up for any defects in the room. He was prompt, thorough and friendly. (I don't think we encountered any crew that was not friendly). He even brought us a whole bottle of champagne upon embarkation.

The ship was at capacity and we didn't notice that many crowds. There is some congestion during meal time around the dining rooms and the nearby venues, but it wasn't really that bad.

The worst part of the trip was the travel to and from the ship (embarkation and disembarkation were both smooth and without incident). Even that wasn't that bad and my fault. We had direct flights both ways. Arriving - our flight landed at around 8A and there was nowhere to go. Departing - late flight. FLL is a small airport and they won't let you check your bags more than 3 hrs prior to departure. We ended up carrying our bags everyehwere we went. Not a big deal, just would have been nice to know this info beforehand.

Overall, great time, great itenerary, great ship! (Much better than the fiasco on Celebrity Inifinity in August). I'd sail this ship again in a heartbeat.

Forgot to mention one thing...If you enjoy the art auctions, the auctioneer that was onboard this sailing was a real jacka**. He was incredibly rude and demeaning to the crew members that assist with the auctions. Just a real pompous, arrogant, a**, that was absorbed with his own selfworth in the "art world." We usually buy at least 2-3 pieces, but would not after seeing this guy in action during the first auction.
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Great to hear ... I'm sailing on her in 3 weeks.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old October 21st, 2005, 08:30 AM
Beginner

I agree!! We were on the CB for the Oct 1st sailing and had a blast. I had heard so many bad things about this ship and I found just the opposite to be true. It rained almost everyday and we had to miss Princess Cays but we all agreed that it was our favorite ship anyway. We are planning on going back again next year. This is the first time in 40 cruises that I have wanted to do the same ship 2 years in a row.
Old October 21st, 2005, 09:32 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the positive review...We are going on CB 10/29 and can't wait to get aboard...there have been many negative reports about this ship but we're going wtih our eyes open and looking for a great time..."no shoes, no shirts, no problems"