Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 25th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Passenger

Default Carribean in November - cold at night?

This is my first cruise and I'm trying to start packing my clothes. We are going to the western carribean Nov. 27 to Dec. 4. Will it be cool at night on the ship? Are skirts appropriate for night or should I bring pants? Also, do I need any little sweaters? I'm sure these are crazy questions, but I have no idea what to expect. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Admiral

i do pack a lightweight sweater to throw over my shoulders just in case. Its mostly for the dining rooms, which can be on the chilly side. The breezes off the ocean at night are usually quite balmy, especially in the Western. Skirts and pants would both be fine for dining on casual nights. For formal nights you will need either a dressy cocktail dress, dressy long skirt w/silky or sparkly top, long gown,or a dressy dinner suit(pants, or skirt)
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much for the info. I think a couple sweaters might be a good idea then to go with the skirts. I've never been to the carribean, nor on a cruise, so it's going to be a new experience. Thanks!
Old October 25th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Colder INSIDE than Out!

Funny! Very warm in the Caribbean year around! Problem is the cruise ship! Sometimes it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cold inside that you could "Hang Meat"!

Do take a sweater and Have a Wonderful Cruise! ~WSEA~
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Captain

Yep, chilly is the word onboard ship, you can go out on the promenade to warm up! :-)

I've cruised in November and the weather in the Caribbean was great, definitely warm.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

I quite often find the theatre cool. So I always have something put around me, whether it be a sweater or shawl.
Old October 26th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Beginner

i have been to the caribbean in the fall and spring,and the weather is beautiful. in the 70's at night. you may need a long sleeve shirt for the theaters or dining,. depending how cold you get. i wore shorts all the time when i was on the deck ,by the pool, shows,etc. JIM
Old November 2nd, 2005, 11:03 AM
Beginner

Enjoy your first cruise! November 8th will be my fifth and after overpacking repeatedly, here is my advice: Pack several wraps/shawls (silk is best; amazingly warm or cool as needed) and some sundresses. Dresses are cooler than shorts or capris, can be dressed up or down, worn over bathing suits, etc. Wraps can be worn as skirts over swimwear and you can "bundle up" in cold areas then just tie around your waist in warm areas (like by the slot machines!!!) Easier to keep up with than a sweater! Take a couple of solid color, plain, lightweight sundresses to dress up or down. Instead of buying t-shirts in every port (ha!) I usually by a wrap or shawl. Useful on the cruise and you'll actually use them when you get home! Have a fun, fun, fun time! You'll LOVE it.