CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Princess Elite Status...help (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/303969-princess-elite-status-help.html)

Jimeeee4 November 14th, 2005 04:32 PM

Princess Elite Status...help

Finally, at age 75, we have reached elite status with are looking forward to whatever it brings. But we have questions our TA cant answer regarding our Dec cruise to Hawaii. Do any of you with this status know, will they really do your laundry? Does this include tux shirts (there are three formal nights on this cruise) Perks include onetime stocking of your cabin bar. The choices offer "whiskey". Can we change this to scotch? What has been your experience in this area. It will make a difference in the way we pack, etc. Any help appreciated! Jimeeee

dands November 14th, 2005 09:34 PM

We are Elite status. Completed a back to back in July (20 days) on the Golden Princess. Had our laundry done about every four days, it was great. Had my shirts washed and ironed when needed. Had our mini bar changed to all Vodka when we boarded, no problem. Just call room service. Our first experiences with Elite and our first cruise of the back to back, we received a corsage and boutiniere on the first formal night. On the second cruise of our back to back we were told that perk was discontinued? Received our canapes on formal nights and some extras during the trip, be sure to tip room service people. Just learned on some of the boards that each Elite person is entitled to a mini bar set up????? Leaving on the Island Princess next Tuesday for Hawaii, will test that out. Let you know if you are intersted.

Used the preferred tender boarding many times, be careful going to the front of the line, you get some dirty looks and remarks, but what , we earned it. Make sure you get your upgraded ammenties in your cabin, remind your room steward (a litle tip won't hurt).

Enjoy your new status, my parents took their last cruise at age 83. Keep cruising

Regards

Jimeeee4 November 15th, 2005 08:44 PM

jj.purvis@verizon.net
Thanks dand...welcome news. I hope there is one mini bar setup per elite passenger. Love that scotch. We will be doing our Christmas cruise (LA to Hawaii) on Dec 23. We have done it several times now with our own little group, and it beats parties and drop ins with a fruit cake.
We tip well and always get good fast service, so that should't be a problem.
Enjoy your trip and we appreciate any news/advice you can give us.

CruiseAholic November 19th, 2005 07:51 AM

I too am elite status (36 Princess cruises to date) and yes, the laundry service is outstanding, what a treat, used it many times in July while in the Baltic on the Star.

Don't expect Jack Daniels or Jim Beam as part of the package though

Jimeeee4 November 21st, 2005 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseAholic
I too am elite status (36 Princess cruises to date) and yes, the laundry service is outstanding, what a treat, used it many times in July while in the Baltic on the Star.

Don't expect Jack Daniels or Jim Beam as part of the package though

kandajones November 21st, 2005 05:54 PM

A couple more benefits that we can recall were

the 'most travelled' party, make sure you register the number of days that you've cruised with Princess (and P&O brands) at the Captain's Circle Desk, and also

free wine tasting, although the wines weren't great the experience was good.

best wishes, and enjoy that cruise

Alan & Katrina

coiran December 2nd, 2005 07:10 PM

The most traveled party is NOT an elite perk - it has to do with the number of days cruised - not the number of cruises.

The laundry perk is excellent - the charges appear on your bill until the end of the cruise on the sun class ships - there are no charges shown on the grand class ships. We went through over $300 in charges on a recent 10 day cruise.

The bottles on the one time bar setup can be exchanged for whatever you want - just ask your room steward.

Ron

CruiseAholic December 4th, 2005 08:36 AM

the bar setup bottles can be exchanged for 'whatever you want' IF they have it and more than likely they won't. I have asked for them to be exchanged for Jack Daniels or Jim Beam miniatures many times and they tell me that they don't have them in miniatures.

KLLund December 4th, 2005 07:27 PM

I am not, nor likely to be an elite status on Princess, but I was told by several people that the best perk was the free Internet to check e-mail. Happy cruising

dands December 9th, 2005 10:14 PM

Jimeeee,

Only one mini bar per cabin