Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to PeterV Send a message via Yahoo to PeterV
Default UK Booking Question

I hope there might be someone out there who can answer this.

I used to live in the US, and consequently have a US Captains Circle number. I recently made a booking with a UK travel agent and gave them my circle number, consequently they couldn't use it and I have been assigned a new UK number. I tried calling the UK Princess number, but they seem unable to help switch it to my US number, saying it is a UK booking. Tried calling the US Princess and they can't seem to help saying that it is a UK booking.

I probably should have stuck with my US agent, but we got a great deal on the Sun Princess repo through the canal next September, no one in the states could get this great a price.

How can I get my existing number into this booking? After all I am still me and this is my number

I find it very odd that this is such a problem. I have no problems at all with any other frequent flyer/hotel/rental company, that it just irks me that a cruise makes it a problem.

Cheers,
Peter
Old November 21st, 2005, 01:28 PM
First Mate

Hi,

1/ this may have something to do with previous numbers/bookings transacted thru Princess Cruises.......and the current one transacted thru
P & O cruises.....
Since this is '' technically '' the same organisation, ,the end result should be that your file simply gravitate; you are right.....
BUT.....
2/ we've had a never ending strings of problems with Princess as regards their mainenance of a captain circle file; to this day, after S I X ( 6 ) attempst, they still can't get my wife's name properly spelled....And some of my old clients' feedbacks ( I''m a 3/4 retired TA ) point towards the same pattern: having a hard time performing seemingly routine file maintenance.....

SO : Good luck; keep persisting;; go up the ladder each time the current move does not meet with success.....you'll get here eventually.

Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old November 22nd, 2005, 11:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the positive comments!

It just seems incredibly bizarre that this is such a complex issue. The booking can be accessed either in the UK or in the US, either online or speaking to a rep. The info dispalyed is exactly the same, and I am sure that they are using the exact same booking system.

I can see nothing that would impinge on the ability to enter a different number as it is simply a number in the past passenger field.

I've taken your advice and gone to another source and sent an email off to the Shareholder Relations, figuring that it might have a bit more clout coming from a stockholder.

I'm probably dreaming, but....

Any other UK bookers have problems in getting the right CC number in your bookings? Or if not, how do you resolve the issue?

Cheers,
Peter
Old November 22nd, 2005, 01:25 PM
First Mate

HA !! Shareholder ??? Great...!!
That approach you just took, I bet will give you results !!!
Whoever reads your e.mail at shareholder's relations either is very brain-damaged, or realizes he/she is reading an e-mail from one of her bosses!!!!

Good luck !!!

( there is another forum, similar to this one, where a couple of posters are currently exchanging cynical comments about Princess's unbeleivable ineptitudes in spelling on their web-sites , in their brochures and even on their webcams, where getting the destination/position of their ships appears to be way way beyond the mental ability of the staff engaged in the process....... You'd have a good chuckle reading that...I sure did !! )

Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old November 22nd, 2005, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Default Unfortunately, or maybe that should be fortunately ......

We've only ever booked in the UK, so wedon't have an American CC number. But we've never had any problems with the Princess staff over here, believe me if the P&O land staff were even half as good we'd be happy. They just can't seem to get their minds behind the idea that they are a part of a service industry & make no effort to help, whereas (so far & fingers firmly crossed), the Princess land staff have always been fantastic.

We have been looking at trying to book cruises via the States to compare prices, but with your experiences of 'cross nation memberships' maybe we'd be better off sticking with what we know.

Good luck in getting it all sorted. We look forward to following the story

Alan & Katrina
Old November 23rd, 2005, 11:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Well I have sent it off to my contact, but have not heard back yet. Will let you know if I do.

Cheers,
Peter