Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2005, 10:00 AM
Familiar Face

Default Couple of Questions

Now that time is drawing near, we decided we had better get on the band wagon and say "hi" to everyone. We are Jim and Beverly Quisenberry from Plano, Tx, and we really look forward to meeting everyone.

This is our 2nd time to the islands so this time there are a couple of adventures that we really want to do. At Maui, we are planning on the whale watching with the Pacific Whale Foundation. Looking at the map, it looks like it is within walking distance from the pier. Does anyone know if this is correct? Would appreciate any other information from anyone who has previously done this.

On Kauai, we are wanting to do the helicopter tour. Looking on the net there are several companies that do this so can anyone recommend one? Also was wondering if the companies have shuttles to the airport or airstrip that they use or would taking a taxi or renting a car be better? We didn't know how far it would be from the dock.

Thanks for any input that anyone might have. I am sure more questions will follow.

Okie/Tex
Jim and Beverly
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2005, 06:18 PM
Admiral

Hi Okie/Tex,

Have you checked the "Roll Call" board for your sailing? Also try the "Destinations" board under South Pacific-Hawaii.

You'll probably have better luck getting your questions answered on either of those boards .

Your cruise sounds great Have a wonderful time,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old November 21st, 2005, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

HowD Okie and Tex..

I know you're talking about the CruiseMates Let's Get Lei'd Version 3.0 Group... and I'm glad you "came out" to say howdy!

I can't help with the Whale Watching, as we haven't done it. But on Kauai we used Island Helicopters last time we did it, and they were very good. I'm eyeing Interisland Helicopters this time, because they apparently fly doorless, which would offer great views and pictures I think.
http://www.adventureinhawaii.com/kauai_helicopters.htm

As I recall, last time we rented a car and drove to the airport hangars. Made it much easier to go off and do something for the rest of the day, after the flight.

In our opinion Kuaui is the island to do a heli tour on. The views and scenery are incredible. Lots of people do them on Hilo to see the volcano, but it's actually pretty easy to drive to the Volcano National Park.

OH.. and if you scroll down the message board, you'll see the thread where everyone in the group has been posting! Pop in there too!