Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 29th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Yeoman

Default Caribbean Princess

Has anyone cruised on this vessel and if so what is its good and bad points ? Also looking at Cat AB mini suite with verandah. How good a room is that type and what are amenities ?

Regards,
Ben
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Beginner

I have sailed on this, and I cannot say there was anything bad about this ship. I loved it and want to sail on it again. I had the Personal Choice Dining and found it to be fantastic. I was a little bit skeptical to pick it but I was glad I did. I didn't experience any wait at all and went anytime from 5:30 to 7:30, I used the dining room in the aft of the ship, which is a little harder to find so maybe not as crowded?

Also I didn't notice it being anymore crowded than say the Coral with the additional 500 passengers. The comedians were great, the food was great, the service was great. We really like the Caribe cafe and on formal nights they have a seafood buffet. We did that on one of the formal nights and you can have unlimited lobster. It was delicious.

As for the mini-suites. I cannot answer that. We just had a standard balcony.

Enjoy
Old December 7th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Passenger

We had two connectiong bal. The rooms where a good size, the staff was wonderful. The ship....We found it not that easy to get from point A to point B. In the morning you could never find an empty table and the buffet lines where horrific, I found other ships had better deck lay-outs.
And no basketball court, was told they had one, they show one in their broucher, but they lie!!! Not a good thing when you have teenagers who play...Loved , loved.. the movie screen. alot of fun..Kids loved the pizza and hotdog/hambuger grill...Can say I'm looking forward to Freedom!!!!
Old December 8th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Passenger

All I can say is this ship is awesome......my wife and I sailed on it in October 2004. We did not experience any problems with long lines and not being able to get a table.....the ship was completely sold out. There definitely is a basketball court unless they have removed it since I sailed.
Old December 8th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Not sure if we're talking about the same ship, the Caribbean Princess did not have a court. We sailed it Feb 2005, maybe your right they moved it in between Oct 2004 and Feb 2005
Old December 8th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Beginner

We sailed on the CB Oct. 05. The basketball court is where the paddleball court is. We played both everyday.
I loved this ship. After 40 cruises I would say it ranks at the top of my favorites.
Old December 8th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Passenger

8) They had the paddle court but no basketball nets, they had the big chess game and pin pong. Maybe the basketball nets are portable?
If they are, alot of kids would have liked them out, being Feb vacation on the Eastcoast.
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Beginner

They are inside the paddle ball court and would rotate the times for each. As a matter of fact they had a basketball tournament everyday at 12:30.
I think you are right about them adding them later. I seem to remember reading about that happening.
Old December 11th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Passenger

Thank you for that added info, I thought I was going crazy, We never saw them.. Maybe they realize it would be to thier advantage to have them, We still talk about the movie nights.. That was great.