Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Review Star Princess 11/27

Hi, We loved this cruise even though we didn't care for the ports. Cozumel is still devastated from the hurricane. Ocho Rios was just not a very nice place to visit. There is just not much to do at these ports unless you do an excursion. We had decided when planning the cruise not to do excursions. We just wanted to walk around and browse. Neither of these ports were good for that. Grand Cayman would have been nice but with 7 ships in port it was much to crowded for walking. We loved Princess Cays.This is a beautiful beach.

Food: We did anytime dining and enjoyed being able to eat when we wanted. The food was very good. The staff was very friendly. The pizzas and grill were good.The Horizon Court food was awful. It was always cold and bland.

Room: We had a balcony on the Caribe deck. Thes decks were larger than others and we enjoyed spending time out there.

Pools: Several nice pools. We mostly spent time in the aft pool. There was never a problem getting deck chairs even on sea days. It didn't seem to matter what time we got there.we could find some in the sun or shade.

Entertainment: Very good. Be sure to catch the Broadway review. I thought it was great but dh didn't like. The comedian David Orion was excellent

Staff: We found the staff to be excellent everywhere we went. They were all very friendly.

I think I covered everything. We had a great time on a beautiful ship. I can't wait to start planning our next cruise. Any questions?
Karrie
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Yeoman

Nice reveiw, I love it when people take the time to post a review.

I agree the pizza and grill food are good,and I like the Horizon Courst stuff too, but you have to browse through it serveral times a day to get some good treats, we usaully would keep our eyes open for fresh strawberries or prawns to eat by the pool.

We too really liked the anytime dining format, and never found we had to wait more then a few minutes for a table, and then only once or twice.

Ochio Rios is my least favorite port ever, we would never go back, we too tried to walk into town and wander around, big mistake, yuck. We were offered pot serveral times and my hubby at 6'4" even felt intimadated by some of the very pushy begging and kajoling .

We have enjoyed our eastern Carribbean cruises more, but , we are not shoppers so we tend to just get a cab or bus to a nice beach and hang out and snorkle etc.
Old December 7th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Passenger

We'll be on the Star 12/18-28. I heard the Sterling Steakhouse is now a Mexican restaurant. Is this true? Did you eat there? How was it?
Thanks
Old December 7th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, The stek restaurant is Tequilla's. It has Mexican decor but no mexican food. We liked it very much.
Karrie
Old December 8th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Passenger

We are going on the Star Jan 15th. I would like to know which nights were formal nights and what was the theme in the dining room for the other nights. They used to have an Island night, Italian night, French night, etc.
Thanks.
Old December 9th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Passenger

We were on a 7 night cruise and the formal nights were on the second night and the sixth night. Unfortunately I didn't see any type of theme nights for the other nights, although I had told my husband it would have been a neat idea, so it's interesting that they had done this before. All that recall is a few pool-side parties as they leave the ports but we didn't go to them. Dinner was very much routine other than the formal nights.

It was my first cruise and I thought that the formal nights were pretty boring. I had anticipated more of a party in the dining rooms, but it was diner as usual. Besides handing out drinks and getting our pictures taken it wasn't much different than the other nights.
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info on dining. In the past each night the menu in the main dining room had a theme. One night there was a Caribbean theme and it was not that great. We are going to try to go to one of the specialty restaurants that night. We've been on many cruises and a lot of lines have the different themes to the menus. Do you have the Princess Patters from the cruise?
Old December 9th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Passenger

It seems that they've done away with the theme nights. They offer a different selection each night, but not according to any type of theme. I didn't keep the Princess Patters, but they were great to read and keep us abreast of the daily activities.