Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Default Match or Beat the Price Promise

Has anyone ever gotten those Web sites to come through on the "Promise"?

On our next crusie, I found a site with by far the lowest bottom line price for two cabins. I went to abc.com and asked them to match the price. A few days later, they said that "Princess" would not give them the cabins at those prices. (Say what?) I asked them to try again.

They said that they could match the price on the BC cabin but not the AC cabin. They only way Princess would allow it would be to book me in the AC and my wife in the BC. She would be "with" our son and I would be "with" his wife. Then once aboard, just do the switch with the purser. We had to do this because we were past Princess passengers and my son and his wife were not.

They also claimed that Princess said that the other Web site could not sell those cabins for that low of a price. The other site also had a $25 onboard credit for each cabin.

Is there any truth in this?

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'd say that what you ran into was an agency that had group space booked on the cruise. And likely the price has gone up since that agency contracted for the group, and before you got the price from the other agency.

That seems to be the case, particularly because of the onboard credit, which is a very common ammenity for group space.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 30th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Admiral

In fact as of today the site with the lower price is now lower than before! The other site with the promise is now more for the two cabins.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08