CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Difficulties in getting seated at larger tables for anytime? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/308317-difficulties-getting-seated-larger-tables-anytime.html)

mary_228 February 4th, 2006 10:33 AM

Difficulties in getting seated at larger tables for anytime?

I enjoy meeting other passengers through the anytime dining option. It worked well for us on the Sea Princess. However, from what I have read on recent Sapphire reviews, it seems that the anytime venues are full of small tables and that the reviewers were unable to join with others at a large table. Is this the case? I will be so disappointed :(

We will be sailing over Spring Break.

nlb1050 February 4th, 2006 01:05 PM

Only been on 2 cruises both Princes with hubby. We never had problem getting a larger table at dinner. Smallest we ever sat at was for 6 one time. Usually at 8 or 10. We loved it.

luv2cruise99 February 6th, 2006 12:50 PM

It's been about 18 months since I have been on the Sapphire, but at that time, there was only ONE table for 10 in each of the Anytime dining rooms. This table was extremely hard to get, so my family of 9 always had to be separated at two different tables. Since our family consisted of three small children who didn't require much room, we requested that they seat us at a table for 8 and just squeeze in an extra chair, but they couldn't do it. But I don't remember now if they didn't have tables for 8 or if they were just unwilling to add a chair. I don't recall seeing any tables larger than 6 (other than the one table for 10), but we always ate in the same general section of the dining room, so I may have just missed seeing the larger tables.

mary_228 February 6th, 2006 01:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback. The last time I sailed on Princess was on the Sea Princess and they had two great big dining rooms, one for PC and one for Traditional. The rooms had the same configuration of tables so it was the rule, rather than the exception, that you dined with a large group.
I'm getting disappointed before I even sail!

JPJHOOPER February 6th, 2006 02:06 PM

We did have that problem with a party of 12 to 13. We did have to be split.

luv2cruise99 February 6th, 2006 04:51 PM

Don't let it get you down, Mary. The Sapphire is a great ship (by far, my favorite)! I'm sure you will have a great time regardless of the dining situation. We were disappointed that the whole family couldn't sit together, but when you consider that dining is such a small fraction of the total cruise, it really wasn't such a big deal. There are plenty of other opportunities to meet people onboard and you can still sit with others at a smaller table for 6, which may give you an even better opportunity to really get to know your tablemates.

And, like I said, I'm not 100% sure that their weren't any tables for 8. It's just that I didn't see any and they wouldn't let my family have one, so I'm assuming that there may not have been any.