Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Passenger

Default Difficulties in getting seated at larger tables for anytime?

I enjoy meeting other passengers through the anytime dining option. It worked well for us on the Sea Princess. However, from what I have read on recent Sapphire reviews, it seems that the anytime venues are full of small tables and that the reviewers were unable to join with others at a large table. Is this the case? I will be so disappointed

We will be sailing over Spring Break.
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Only been on 2 cruises both Princes with hubby. We never had problem getting a larger table at dinner. Smallest we ever sat at was for 6 one time. Usually at 8 or 10. We loved it.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

It's been about 18 months since I have been on the Sapphire, but at that time, there was only ONE table for 10 in each of the Anytime dining rooms. This table was extremely hard to get, so my family of 9 always had to be separated at two different tables. Since our family consisted of three small children who didn't require much room, we requested that they seat us at a table for 8 and just squeeze in an extra chair, but they couldn't do it. But I don't remember now if they didn't have tables for 8 or if they were just unwilling to add a chair. I don't recall seeing any tables larger than 6 (other than the one table for 10), but we always ate in the same general section of the dining room, so I may have just missed seeing the larger tables.
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the feedback. The last time I sailed on Princess was on the Sea Princess and they had two great big dining rooms, one for PC and one for Traditional. The rooms had the same configuration of tables so it was the rule, rather than the exception, that you dined with a large group.
I'm getting disappointed before I even sail!
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Passenger

We did have that problem with a party of 12 to 13. We did have to be split.
Old February 6th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Don't let it get you down, Mary. The Sapphire is a great ship (by far, my favorite)! I'm sure you will have a great time regardless of the dining situation. We were disappointed that the whole family couldn't sit together, but when you consider that dining is such a small fraction of the total cruise, it really wasn't such a big deal. There are plenty of other opportunities to meet people onboard and you can still sit with others at a smaller table for 6, which may give you an even better opportunity to really get to know your tablemates.

And, like I said, I'm not 100% sure that their weren't any tables for 8. It's just that I didn't see any and they wouldn't let my family have one, so I'm assuming that there may not have been any.