Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Beginner

Default St Petersburg Sept 16 and 17

Two of us looking for some more to join a DenRus (or other operator) private tour of St Petersburg. We are booked on the Sept 12th Baltic cruise. Anyone interested? Ideally, we'd like a group of 12 total to split the cost.
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Beginner

Hello. Are you sailing on the Star Princess September 12, 2006? Hubby and I are booked on that cruise with the b2b Transatlantic. We are talking with DenRus for a small personal 2 day tour and have come up with a private tour that works for us. Hubby uses a cane and standing in long lines won't work for him. Besides, don't you think it would be more informative and fun with just 4 - 6 people instead of being herding like cattle. The tour we are arranging does not include the Hermitage.

We are looking for 1 or 2 other couples to join us. Both days are full 8 hour days. Tour as follows:

Day 1 - City tour while you drive to Catherine Palace for guided tour, walk through park at Catherine Palace, back to city for lunch (on our own - I have restaurant menus, $17 - $30 for lunch depending on restaurant and meal choice), inside visit to Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan, tour of Peter and Paul Fortress, canal boat tour, back to ship.

Day 2 - Drive to Peterhof for inside visit of Monplesier Palace, walk through Fountain park, back to city for lunch (on our own again), visit to Spilled Blood Catherdral (with flea market for shopping), inside visit to St. Isaac's Cathedral, short shopping excursion, back to ship.

If 1 couple joins us - cost $412/pp, if 2 couples join us - cost $294/pp (plus tip for driver and guide of course).

We are trying to be realistic and see as much as we can without being so worn out we miss the next port (or 2).

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Linda
Old February 12th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Beginner

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the info. Yes, we are on the same cruise and also in for the long haul transatlantic. As for St Petetersburg, we were hoping to visit the Hermitage, and we are both quite active, and plan to squeeze as much in as possible, so while your plan sounds nice, I think I'll keep searching. Thanks for your reply!

Daren
Old August 4th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Beginner

I shall be on the Star Princess on September 12th. I have already
booked a tour with Red October. My sisters and brother and many friends have travelled with RO and all are very happy with RO. This time there are 3 of us. My wife and her twin sister and I. We would llike to
team up with you so that it would be cheaper to travel with RO instead of
the just 3 of us. A group of 5 friends just returned from a cruise
and took the RO St. Petersburg trip tour. They were travelling in a
Mercedes Benz Wagaon and were very happy with it. Can you contact me please? My email address is har23ling@yahoo.ca.
Cost is 1st day 5 people US 175 pp/ 6 is US 168 pp / 8 is US 159 pp. Second day is 5 peopler US 134/ 6 is US128 pp/ 7 is US127 pp. If you are interested I shall forward you the itinerary or you can go to the red october site to look at the itinerary. I have very good notes from my sisiters about travelling in the ports of call that we shall be visiting. Hope to share them with you.
Kit.