Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to carol962
Default Golden Princess 11-10/2006 Mediterranean & Egypt.

We are so excited about this cruise -- and would love to talk to anyone else that is going. Are you excited about Egypt or what??? We will be arriving a day early in hopes of having a look see in Rome. After talking with a travel agent and being told that the Princess before/after arrangements are what newbies should do in Rome, wonder what you think? We have been on several cruises, but never this far from home but so looking forward to it. So any suggestions from folks that have done European, etc. cruises would be welcome.
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Captain

We are booked and another couple we know is looking into making reservations this weekend. We are excited and even though we have "done" Italy before, the Egypt addition caused us to book with "Princess" again (sorry "RCI"). At this point the main thing I would suggest is to break your piggy bank open for this one. We have never regretted going all out on these exotic destinations. My wife swears I drag her on cruises but she still raves about the private tour I arranged for us in St Petersburg in '04. I still book my budget cruises but THIS won't be one of them, Robbie
Old February 11th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Passenger

We are booked on the cruise and Egypt hopefully will be very exciting. We are a couple from CA and will be meeting some friends from Rhode Island who we met on a cruise in Nov 05 to Hawaii, in Rome. They will be a party of five. We have booked a 2 night pre-cruise at the InterContinental Hotel near the Spanish Steps in Rome. Much cheaper than what Princess offers. Our friends have booked a 3 night pre there also. Through a thread on another cruisers site we have already made arrangements for transportation from the hotel to the ship and from the ship to the airport. It appears up to now that there will be about 20 people bound for the cruise staying at the InterContinental.

We will be in Spain, France, Monte Carlo and Italy on a cruise in July where we have booked private tours with a driver/guide to many areas.

While there, we are going to be looking into tours for the Nov cruise; such as the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento out of Naples. Some of these private tours include Pompei and the Isle of Capri. The tours come highly recommended and can be cheaper than what Princess offers, without the structured shopping stops. We can keep you posted about our findings or answer any questions you may have if you like.

By the way you will love Mykonos in the Greek Islands and the ancient city of Ephesus out of Kusadasi is a must see. Athens is the Parthenon and the Acropolis as well as other ancient sites, but the city is very crowded.

Istanbul visit the Blue Mosgue, Saint Sophias, Topkapi Palce where the Sultans resided (with the Harem room), the Grand Bazzar (don't get lost) and the Spice Bazzar.

All in all it will be a very memorable cruise and you will enoy it.
Old February 15th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Captain

Our friends just booked and wanted to let anyone know who is interested in this exotic itinerary, that $ keeps going up and many cabin categories are "waitlisted." No, I'm not a T/A, just want board mates to check this one out, Robbie
Old February 27th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Beginner

hello carol! Me and a friend are also goin gon this cruise. we are very excited. I think doing the pre and post cruise through princess is a good idea only because they handle all the transfers and you don't have to worry about it. I have been on a european cruise before. I loved turkey, it is a grea place and the people are very nice. i can't wait to see Egypt, it has been a dream of mine to go. We are also doing 2 days pre cruise in rome. I've been before, but it's a great city and there is a ton of stuff to see. hope you have a good cruise