Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Beginner

Default Star Princess Caribe Deck Question?

I am a British first time cruiser on Star Princess 12 March and have spent the past week reading everything on this web side. I think it is fabulous. I wonder if anyone can tell me if the cabins on Caribe deck have the same balconies as on Grand Princess? ie half open, half covered. Also I am worried that I have chosen any time dining and having read what everyone has to say that I have chosen badly. Also(so many qustions!) is it worth going ashore at Grand Caymen?
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Hi katk,

You've hit on one of my pet peeves! The same naming of decks on totally different ships! We also loved our balcony on Grand Princess, but they're not the same on every ship, so I can't answer your first question. .

We loved Anytime Dining. We always asked to sit with others and were seated immediately. If you want a table for two, you may have to wait, but not any longer than a land based restaurant. They'll give you a pager and you can go have a drink (or whatever!) and you'll be paged when your table is ready.

IMO, it's definitely worth going ashore at Grand Cayman. Even if you don't have a tour planned there's lots of shopping and bars and restaurants. Just "people watching" is fun. The "thing" to do is one of the Swim With the Sting Rays tours.

On our last cruise we did the Island & Stingray Tour which takes you to the Turtle Farm, the Rum Cake store, Hell, and the Stingrays. We had a great time! This was on NCL, but I think Princess has something similar. Check here:

http://www.princess.com/shorex/shore...shorexId=GCM-Q

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

The balcony is the same half open half covered.

We found after the 1st night the first time we were on the Star that the Capri dining room is not as crowded so we ate there on both Star cruises and never waited more then 5 minutes and that was on the first formal night for a table for 4.
Old February 14th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Beginner

Thank you both that is most helpful, I have hundreds of questions - can't wait to find out the answers!
Old February 14th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

If your questions are related to the ship ask away. I should be able to answer most of them since I was on the ship twice. Here is a great link about the ship.

Cindy

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/starprincess.htm